Blurred Photograph of Painting - Photoshop Advice Please?

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a photograph of a painting that I'd like to make into a print. Unfortunately it's not a great photograph, it's slightly blurred. I've been attempting to Photoshop it - I have elements. Have tried Adjust Sharpeness already - but tends to accentuate the grain of the canvas. Has anyone got any ideas or have some experience with photoshopping blurred photographs of paintings?

Can't you re-photograph it?

If not, download and give Topaz Sharpen AI program a trial. IMO it can do wonders......... depending on the 'subject'...can't hurt to give it a go???

Last edited:
The painting is long gone.

Trying the Topaz Sharpen AI in a minute...

The alternative I thought would be to try the PS filters and see if I can make something of it? But I'd rather just enhance the existing image...

The Topaz Sharpen AI keeps crashing, so haven't been able to try it yet. Doesn't happen to have plug in for Photoshop does it?

I'll try the high pass sharpening-Just tried it, working really well - will mess around a bit now to get it perfect....

Main problem now is one corner of the painting is more blurred than the rest - can't have been square when I photographed it.

trying to fix BLUR with any photo editing suite is ridiculous, retake the photo JMHO

Back