Studio Blurry tree pictures

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
I quite like the blurry tree pictures and have created some myself by standing in front of some trees - silver/hairy birch are good - and generallyy moving the camera upwards with a longish exposure. Trial and error can give some nice results.

Anyway ..... just worked out (and others may know this already) that you can get a similar result with PSE (11 in my case)

Just open you tree etc image and go to Filter - Blur - Motion Blur and you can create the effect to the extent that you want and you can also alter the direction by changing the angle.

2622-1391373524-ad06a0f3a0779841cbf9c213c6c0e0bc.jpg

Just because you can do things like this in PP doesn't mean you have to! Afraid it's not my cup of tea (then again, neither is the similar effect done in-camera.)

Just because you can do things like this in PP doesn't mean you have to! Afraid it's not my cup of tea (then again, neither is the similar effect done in-camera.)

Fairy Nuff

PS I didn't know about the motion blur filter until attending a very good talk recently by David Gibbins ARPS AFIAP BPE3.

He was saying that he had used the motion blur in one of his photos that had done very well internationally. And if I understood him correctly he said it had the distinction of coming bottom in three categories in a competition in the UK.

(One of his general points was that frequently, his photos that did well internationally didn't do well in the UK.)

that could be anything

Yep agreed - but some people like them and using motion blur might be a useful alternative for some folk.

Googling 'blurry tree pictures', I can see what you were trying to achieve but I think the effect has completely destroyed the subject in this case, there's not even a hint of tree there.
Sorry Chris, it just doesn't work for me either.

Googling 'blurry tree pictures', I can see what you were trying to achieve but I think the effect has completely destroyed the subject in this case, there's not even a hint of tree there.
Sorry Chris, it just doesn't work for me either.

Yes - can I just make it clear that all I was saying was that a similar effect to moving the camera could be had by using motion blur - for those that like it.

Does nothing, although someone may call it art it's certainly not photography. Sorry

For those who don't like the specific illustrative image I posted you may get a better idea of what I was trying to help people do - in a different, more flexible way - by looking at this thread.

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/th...-free-to-add-yours.488741/page-2#post-6087357

There you will find quite a few 'blurry' pictures

Hi there....I really like it .... thanks for the hint about motion blur.

Thanks - the motion blur filter might also be handy when used as intended eg select a vehicle and then add motion blur around it - it's something I never knew about until I went to the talk

........someone may call it art it's certainly not photography....

Now there's a topic area for an esoteric discussion:):exit:

Haha.... You sure you don't want to stay, I'll put the kettle on (I have cake)

Since I started the thread I have no problem with pursuing this if anyone is so minded .....

for example is it art/ethical to produce images by taking pictures from a programme on the tele (ignoring any legal issues of copyright etc)

Just seen an image on another site (Elements Village)

http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80788

where someone used the motion blur filter on a group of silver birch but selected one tree so that it was clear against the blurred background.

I thought it worked well and is something you couldn't do in reality.

Back