BMCRC - Brands Hatch 7th March

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Look! A thread without Oulton Park pictures in it! Although I am coming up there later in the year so you'll have to point me in the right direction Matt

My season starts here! Well actually it starts next Sunday at Brands for some cars but as per usual I head up to Brands the week before to see the bikes and get some practice in. Unfortunately I don't like bikes so the photos are always a bit iffy!

1. Was just trying something
IMG_0635.JPG

2. Seems to convey it the body language
IMG_0189.JPG

3. And another
IMG_0186.JPG

4. OUCH!!!
IMG_0745.JPG

5. OUCH MkII! He did hurt his knee and collarbone but was "alright"
IMG_0815.JPG

6. Very impressive to stand this close to
IMG_1202.JPG

7. Err... a blue and black one
IMG_0851.JPG

8. Mad as a box of frogs
IMG_0899.JPG

9. A different take on a close up
IMG_0146.JPG

10. And finally... this is no time to be hiding your head in the sand my friend! (he walked away)
IMG_0321.JPG

Well first thread for a while and I'm out of practice with the camera. Really not happy with the days work but never am before about May!

C&C always welcome.

JB
SnappyRacers.com

I see your "magnetism" is not on the wane, black and blue one is my fav.

Better than any results I get on bikes. I think you're being too hard on yourself. #'s 2,3 and 7 for me. I think #1 could have done with being a tad sharper on the front of the bike, or it could just be the watermark distracting me.
I may try and get down to Brands next Sunday, the Trucks in a few weeks time is a definite though.

Very nice mate, you get more crashes in one day than what i catch in a year lol.

Nice I hope to get this good some day.

Practice makes perfect! I'll get there one day...

I see your "magnetism" is not on the wane, black and blue one is my fav.

Yes it didn't take long for them to throw themselves at me. It was quite entertaining although don't like seeing blokes get hurt.

Better than any results I get on bikes. I think you're being too hard on yourself. #'s 2,3 and 7 for me. I think #1 could have done with being a tad sharper on the front of the bike, or it could just be the watermark distracting me.
I may try and get down to Brands next Sunday, the Trucks in a few weeks time is a definite though.

I like #1 with just the bash hat sharp as it focuses on the person more. But get what you mean. In a perfect world... :)

Give me a shout on Sunday. I'll be up there wandering about in my new shirts and jackets

nice one mate :)

is there any chance you got any pics from the 400's my mate is racing in it this season and today was his first race, number 37 on a ZXR400

many thanks matt :)

Hi Matt. I'll have a look. Give me a chance and tell me what colour bike? I have no idea what a 400 looks like... As I say, I don't "get" bikes so can't tell them apart!

Very nice mate, you get more crashes in one day than what i catch in a year lol.

Apparently I have a completely unsubstantiated reputation for such things... :thinking:

Very nice set #7 is my favourite . Nice crash shots too. (y)

Like number 1 and 9, although 9 could do with being a tad dunno sharper or more contrasty, for moe not standing out of the page quite how id expect it to.

the other close ups with the riders looking away not really doing it for, id like to see of there visor, or more of what there doing/going. If that makes sense?

really liking that first one :)

Really like some of the angles and framing on these shots, shows the dynamic riding styles well. Any tips for capturing bikes instead of cars (my usual fare)?

Ah not bad for you :p

Being serious, these are fantastic. In number 1, if you gonna facous on the guys skid lid, get someone with a clear visor!! Same goes for your clos-ups. But, hey, that is in a perefect worls. Apart from that, awsome stuff. Welll caught on the crashes and I love Ouch MKII.

When you come up Oulton, I think I will follow you around and get all the crash shots :p

Excellent set as usual there Jon, with the requsite number of crashes. I don't know how you do it, stuff like that never happens in front of me.

#8 is the pick of these for me, the smoke pouring of the rear tyre and the passenger really hanging over makes for a brilliant shot

Very nice set #7 is my favourite . Nice crash shots too. (y)

Thanks!

Like number 1 and 9, although 9 could do with being a tad dunno sharper or more contrasty, for moe not standing out of the page quite how id expect it to.

the other close ups with the riders looking away not really doing it for, id like to see of there visor, or more of what there doing/going. If that makes sense?

Yeah I know what you mean. Downside of my lens is the contrast! Something I always find I struggle with after some time off

really liking that first one :)

Liked it as soon as I took it. Now I'm not so keen oddly

Really like some of the angles and framing on these shots, shows the dynamic riding styles well. Any tips for capturing bikes instead of cars (my usual fare)?

Well cars are my usual fare aswell. Bikes are very different both in terms of framing and in terms of angles that would work with cars but just don't with bikes. In other words they require a completely different mindset and a hell of a lot of getting used to

#10 Blimey :eek: Great set Jon (y)

Yeah he's bought that :thinking:

Ah not bad for you :p

Being serious, these are fantastic. In number 1, if you gonna facous on the guys skid lid, get someone with a clear visor!! Same goes for your clos-ups. But, hey, that is in a perefect worls. Apart from that, awsome stuff. Welll caught on the crashes and I love Ouch MKII.

When you come up Oulton, I think I will follow you around and get all the crash shots :p

Amazingly very few had clear visors as the sun was out! To be hoenst I hadn't thought of that *** so something to remember for next time.

You'll of course be welcome to follow me round up there. Up doing the Seat Cup for a couple of guys later in the year I think providing we strike a deal

Excellent set as usual there Jon, with the requsite number of crashes. I don't know how you do it, stuff like that never happens in front of me.

#8 is the pick of these for me, the smoke pouring of the rear tyre and the passenger really hanging over makes for a brilliant shot

Thanks Richard. Dunno how I do it either. Did miss a huge off whilst flogging the photos of the guy in No. 10 though. Ah well :)

Done Matt. Although with the amount of spam my e-mail gets it won't make much difference!

And it was the right bike :)

Snappy Jon,
Very good set of pics.
1 is fabulous shot,great speed in it !shame about following rider in it.
5 is great action shot !
7 is a classic bike shot,but very well taken.
9 is good close but would like to see bigger as in more of bike and rider.
Good stuff mukker,(y)
Pons

Snappy Jon,
Very good set of pics.
1 is fabulous shot,great speed in it !shame about following rider in it.
5 is great action shot !
7 is a classic bike shot,but very well taken.
9 is good close but would like to see bigger as in more of bike and rider.
Good stuff mukker,(y)
Pons

Cheers Pons. I actually quite like the rider in the background as it gives it more of a feel of racing and speed if that makes sense. "Trying to break away" kind of title to it I suppose...

Back