BMW Art Cars in London

Edit My Images
Yes
Almost the entire BMW Art Car collection is currently on display in a car park in Shoreditch, East London. An astonishing display whether you are interested in cars, art or both.

1. 3.0 CSL, Alexander Calder 1975
Bmwartcars_003.jpg

2. Prototype 3 Series Touring Car, Sandro Chia 1992
Bmwartcars_026.jpg

3. 525i, Esther Mahlangu 1991
Bmwartcars_020.jpg

4. 3.0CSL, Frank Stella 1976 (730i, Cesar Manrique 1990)
Bmwartcars_013.jpg

5. M3 GT2, Jeff Koons 2010
Bmwartcars_029.jpg

Bmwartcars_031.jpg

I'd imagined there would be a lot of visitors?
I quite like the angle in second but think fifth is best.

No5 for me too- but I for one cannot imagine why someone would do that to an M5 :shrug:

great set by the way :clap:

Les :D

i actually quite like it ! id be happy to drive it if it was given to me :)

Thanks for the kind words. M5? There isn't one:thinking:

We were there at around 5:30 on Tuesday afternoon. Only a couple of other people about. I only heard about it due to a link posted on another forum that someone had seen on Pistonheads.

As I'd already seen 'whole car' photos taken by friends, after I took that first shot I fitted the 70-200 and just played about to see what I could get considering the space/lighting restrictions. Here's a couple more.

7. Frank Stella CSL again.
Bmwartcars_010.jpg

8. M3 Group A, Ken Done 1989
Bmwartcars_021.jpg

9. 320 Group 5, Roy Lichtenstein 1977
Bmwartcars_018.jpg

10. Jeff Koons M3GT2 again. Such vivid colour.
Bmwartcars_030.jpg

Great set there!! Some amazing motors! Perfect location to show some creativity too! (y) but jealous as my uncle went to have a look the other day & he's taunting me with the photos

Slater :)

Hi Seth

Saw you driving into Harpenden Common on Wednesday, bit hot wasn't it?

Some really nice shots there - a question

Did you use a tripod for these?, and if not how bad was the light, I can see they seem to have installed some extra lighting.

Am going to try to see this but only really fancy going if I can take some shots as good as yours.

David

Yes, I got a bit hot at Harpenden. Now I can go and wonder if I know who you are or whether I ought to have such a distinctive car ;)

I didn't use a tripod, they were all hand held, though I sat on the floor for a few and steadied my arms on my legs. It was a bright and sunny out but those black strips they'd put around the edges helped diffuse the light coming in.

I think it was the car, I'd have said hello if I'd seen the car again, but there were several cars I saw come in and thought "oh I'll have a look at that" and could I find them :crying:

It's still a fantastic event, well worth and afternoon off work :D

Just out of interest what kind of settings were you using for the Art Cars?

David

Just out of interest what kind of settings were you using for the Art Cars?

Aperture priority, F4 for the most part, ISO 200 or 400 or thereabouts and some exposure compensation dialled in here and there. I didn't have a of of time for messing about as the family was with me. Am tempted to go back on my own with a tripod next week but not sure if I'll get time.

Last edited:
Back