BMW E46 3 Series M Sport Cabriolet [Inc. Rig]

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
No
Last edited:
I like your work, and i think this is a lot better than the Fiesta shoot.

#1 Is not central, kind of distracts from the image.
#9 for some reason doesn't work for me.
#11 is it a rig shot as it looks a little detached from the background, probably as there are no wheels etc.
Rig shots look great.

I bet the owner was well happy when he got these.

hmm no.11 is the weakest for me. You can see the wheels so theres no sense of motion with the car itself - it just looks superimposed onto a backdrop - its also distorted and perspective isnt quite dead straight on.

no.12 is the better rig shot, no.10 a little distorted but ok (has some reflections in the paintwork as well and more prominent shadows).

I bet the owner was really over the moon with these!
not keen on no 11 as it looks a bit false...
But what a great choice of location, and all very well exposed shots :)

No 10 is the pick of the bunch for me, I'd not change a thing about it.

Cheers :)

I like your work, and i think this is a lot better than the Fiesta shoot.

#1 Is not central, kind of distracts from the image.
#9 for some reason doesn't work for me.
#11 is it a rig shot as it looks a little detached from the background, probably as there are no wheels etc.
Rig shots look great.

I bet the owner was well happy when he got these.

Thanks, the Fiesta/E39 shoot was a quick one when we had an hour, without it I don't think these would have been as good though.

#1 I know, it annoys the hell out of me but there wasn't much I could do, extending it to look centre'd made the rest of the set off.
#9 Tricky shadows and point of view maybe? It's quite busy too, just because, well an interior usually is.
#11 Yep, didn't even notice it until it was pointed out, not a fan of it at all now, probably took the longest too!

hmm no.11 is the weakest for me. You can see the wheels so theres no sense of motion with the car itself - it just looks superimposed onto a backdrop - its also distorted and perspective isnt quite dead straight on.

no.12 is the better rig shot, no.10 a little distorted but ok (has some reflections in the paintwork as well and more prominent shadows).

As above, yep on #11

#10 I struggled a lot with glare, which you can probably see, especially if you view on Flickr, the dark shadow allowed me to mask a lot of it.

#12 was actually supposed to be a higher view, but when I got the rig mounted, I couldn't reach it to put the camera on, so I repositioned it lower, shame as I wanted an almost aerial shot.

I bet the owner was really over the moon with these!
not keen on no 11 as it looks a bit false...
But what a great choice of location, and all very well exposed shots :)

Cheers, he was. Agree on 11 as said. Thanks :)

Cheers :)

Thanks, the Fiesta/E39 shoot was a quick one when we had an hour, without it I don't think these would have been as good though.

Yeh I can see with the same style of images they are looking more polished. Its just getting the cars to practice on :)

Can you post the original of #10? For some reason to me it just doesn't look right... Almost like a cut and paste job. Also, I'm not sure what is happening underneath the front bumper, there is a little triangle of black that seems to fade in towards the car from left to right (when looking at it) and then it juts out again? I can't work it out... The rest of the images are pretty solid (y)

Can you post the original of #10? For some reason to me it just doesn't look right... Almost like a cut and paste job. Also, I'm not sure what is happening underneath the front bumper, there is a little triangle of black that seems to fade in towards the car from left to right (when looking at it) and then it juts out again? I can't work it out... The rest of the images are pretty solid (y)

I'm guessing you mean 11? I don't really like posting the original of a rig shot but maybe

I'm guessing you mean 11? I don't really like posting the original of a rig shot but maybe

Yeah, 11. Wasn't looking at the numbers properly :bang: Fair play mate, I was only asking as something doesn't look right to me.

I really like 5, 6, 10 and 12 - but 12 has to be my favourite. Looks absolutely amazing. I also like how you showed the bonnet in 4, quite different.

Number 12 is fantastic. Looks Like a shot from a brochure. Well done

Cheers, not the first time my works been likened to brochure shots :)

I really like 5, 6, 10 and 12 - but 12 has to be my favourite. Looks absolutely amazing. I also like how you showed the bonnet in 4, quite different.

Thanks, for 4 I hate the way people make like the middle see through, prefer when the bonnet is almost like its clear moulded, can still see the lines.

Some of these really look like they deserved to be placed into sales material for the car in its day. However, number 4 looks well out of place, almost like it has not been done by the same talented photographer.

Some of these really look like they deserved to be placed into sales material for the car in its day. However, number 4 looks well out of place, almost like it has not been done by the same talented photographer.

Cheers, 4 is actually one of the clients favourite shots, it's his wallpaper on most things now, it is sort of a different genre to the rest of the set though, especially the editing style

Some pretty awesome shots there:)
Not mad on the bonnet shot or the hover car look but the rest are awesome. Great choice of building to use as the background in the first ones.

Back