BMX - Indoor Park

Name
Philip
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

Just thought I'd post a few shots I took last week at an indoor park. It was a public session so I was a bit restricted with placement of flash.

Had to push the ISO up high so apologies for noise.

1)
Dynamix-8th-March-2012-123-L.jpg

2)
Dynamix-8th-March-2012-106-L.jpg

3)
Dynamix-7-3-12-030-L.jpg

4)
Dynamix-8th-March-2012-056-L.jpg

5)
Dynamix-8th-March-2012-078-L.jpg

Many thanks.

Phil

I dont know the shutter speeds but using flash indoors like that you can run 1/60th , soften the flash and use it to freeze stuff, looking good though

Sharp, well timed action shots here. (this is not easy) Play with the placement of your light. Maybe try to angle you light from the side. This can give a more atmospheric and dramatic effect. It's always worth experimenting with shutter speeds from way down low to get some speed blur to right up high to exclude all available ambient light and render the background totally dark.Tthanks for sharing.

www.royriley.co.uk

Cheers Roy (looked at your pics which are great).

I'm still on a learning curve with this but think I'm getting there - just a question of lots of visits to the park I think. Thankfully the people who run it and the people who use it are quite understanding. A pro scooter team will be there in a couple of weeks which could be good.

Here is one where the lad is sandwiched between two lights which gives a different effect. Let me know what you think (left the light in for the time being).

Cheers, Phil

Dynamix-8th-March-2012-075-L.jpg

Back