BMX/MTB Skatepark

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
Had my first experience of shooting at a skatepark recently, the guys in the shots are all Pro's. Just looking for a bit of critique on them. Had a play with them in Lightroom hence the high tonal contrast, wanted to give the photos a gritty feel to match the ambience of the event.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I think they are very good. I'd perhaps clone out the lamppost on the left in the last one.

I really like 3, 5, & 6. I would love them if the PP is dialled back by around 10% but that's just personal preference.

Sorry, nothing constructive to say. All good, but that last shot is EPIC!
Dean.

All the photos look great, love the last 2. As everyone else has said, the last pic is epic

I had my 1st attempt at a skate park the other weekend and can't wait to get back down there to practise some more

the second to last is the only 'action' one where you can actually see what's going on, none of them you can clearly see the landing or the takeoff in full.

look at these for example http://bmx.transworld.net/1000173242/features/photo-gallery-opening-day-at-new-full-factory-ramps/ every shot you can clearly see the entire obstacle and it relays a clear story of what went on.

I concur. As an ex- BMX rider one needs to see the whole picture.

I like the decade shot (3rd shot). Great capture.

Some nice shots though.
:clap:

The last shot really has to be my fav, both for its energy and movement although all the rest are not too shabby at all. You must be pretty pleased if this one visit produced these pics. Great work.

as everyone else says great set,but the first is my fav,you can almost sense what is coming well done

nice set of pics concentrating more on the people.
Bit over processed for my taste and I'd prefer to see the landing or take off to get some context, but it looks like it might have been tough to get into a shoot position to do that.
The last one is a good drama shot.

Not a fan of the processing, hence No1 is the best due to being mono. Would like to see the original images to understand the processing.

Good photos but:

1st one is a strange composition, with exactly half the bike cut off it's just weird.

#2 is distracting with the 2 subjects, it'd be fine if they were next to each other but they're almost separate.

#3 is overedited to me, even if you're trying to make it look that way.

#5 and #6 could be really good, while overedited, they're nice and close, but you're missing the landing on #5, and missing everything on 6, #5 is best.

Back