BMX - Treeride.

Name
Dan O'Shea.
Edit My Images
Yes
Somone on another forum is making an extreme sports magazine for his major uni project, and asked me (along with others) to submit a shot for it!
So here's the one I sent him:

2411762916_df1d64b0eb.jpg

Shot it in raw. Just photshopped a few settings on it, levels etc. Crop is straight off the camera.
Nothing's been cloned out or anything. I'm pretty happy with it. :)

Oh, only thing that does annoy me is the shadow on his face. But my tripod couldn't go high enough for the flash to not make the shadow! Pretty annoying. Doesn't look it in the pic, but the backwheel is around 6ft up!

Gosh blimey & omg comes to mind.

I know, I really want a fisheye, but really cannot afford one!

I did get a shot from low down, but his face was blocked from his arm... But instead I have a shadow there instead.
Can't win.

I like this, have you tried any cropping to get him a bit bigger in the frame?

I was thinking about dropping it, but I like how the whole trunk of the tree is in shot.

I like it alot. It works for me. Now how the hell did he get the height!!!!!??????!!!!!

Sick riding.

I like it as it is too.

I sometimes fear people crop for croping's sake. In a lifestyle type shot like this my opinion is that's it quite often better to go for a wide view that shows the 'environment' that the subject is operating within.

It's more of a riding shot then a lifestyle one. So I wanted to show just the rider, and what he's riding. Don't really care about the rest as it's not exactly important.

Oh, and he got that high by flying down a hill and riding straight at it. :p
The tree curves up so nicely! Just a shame there's a hole where his back wheel is, otherwise an extra 12" might be possible. :]

The tree makes the image as much as the rider. I can't staggered he rode to that height ... I assumed he'd popped off a ramp!

I lobe it too, a fine example of extreme sports at it's best. nice capture.

Back