BMX

Name
Dean Smith
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

First post in the sports section here :)

here are some past BMX shots of mine. All C&C, questions and abuse accepted.

limaturndown1.jpg

DSC_1889.jpg

_DSC0046.jpg

That's all I appear to have on the web at the mo, I'll be updating my Flickr soon so I'll be sure to post more when I can.

number two is sikkkkk :D

#1 for me (y) although I may of cropped it a bit more

Thanks everyone.

1 is purely amazing what camera settings did you use to pull that badboy off?

I have to be honest with you. The first was pretty much a fluke, I'd had the camera for only a week. I think the Exif data should still be attached to the image, that will tell you.

Cheers

Dean

First shot is great, nicely framed by the trees. Second shot is good too, but could od with seeing more of the riders face, riding faces allways make me laugh, my mates pull the best. Third is great too, captures that cool feeling of riding trails with your bro's all summer long. I can't wait for next summer, i miss it allready:LOL:

Ya know. I like all of these.

I can't help feeling #3 would have been something really special if you didn't have the bag full of gash and the half empty tommy k bottle on the barbeque. :shrug:

There's a real feeling to this one. Few beers + barbeque one evening with the mates - get a few jumps in between...

As a BMX'er in my younger days, these bring back some awesome memories. The 1st is spot on imo. 2 and 3 are nice too with 3 showing the environment many BMX'ers would spend there time in at weekends which I love:)

I want to get back into it now:LOL:

As a BMX'er in my younger days, these bring back some awesome memories. The 1st is spot on imo. 2 and 3 are nice too with 3 showing the environment many BMX'ers would spend there time in at weekends which I love:)

I want to get back into it now:LOL:

cant beat a good BBQ down the trails! #3 and #1 all the way for me. love it!

I used to ride dirt jumps, too. Brings back awesome memories.
Now in full time college and working all day weekends, I never have the time to ride, or take photographs at the trails.

Wonderful photos. Really crisp, clear, and captured at exactly the right point in time. Nice work.

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

I must get out there and shoot some more soon, it's been far too long

If people are really into Dirt Jumping and Trails, get this months Dig Magazine, it's the trails issue. It might just spur some people into picking up a shovel, doing some work, and riding some good trails all summer long, with no-one but your best mates, a BBQ, and a Six Pack of beers. Best way i can think of spending a nice chilled summer day.(y)

And Dean, if you are ever heading Devon way, PM me before hand, might be able to meet up and shoot some private trails we have, with you;)

And Dean, if you are ever heading Devon way, PM me before hand, might be able to meet up and shoot some private trails we have, with you;)

That sir, sounds like a plan. I used to be a local at Barend and it gets a tad boring shooting at the same trails!

That sir, sounds like a plan. I used to be a local at Barend and it gets a tad boring shooting at the same trails!

NEVAAARRRR, how can you say you could get bored at Barend, that place is like heaven compared to what we have down here. Only rode there for the jams, but it is sooooo good. So many lines and transfers. I am getting really antsy for summer to hurry up now, i wanna ride trails so much.:bang: We are digging this weekend, but i think the ground may be a little on the Frozen side:LOL::LOL:

No.1 for me aswell great shot! :clap:

1 and 2 are very nice. 1 would be greatly improved by cropping from the left though, I feel the sun is distracting.

2 is nicely composed and timed, though I agree maybe having the rider's face in shot would help it.

3 was a nice idea, but its a bit messy (the bin bag and compositionally :p) maybe getting closer to the BBQ to fill more of the frame would help.

Overall very nice though.

No1 is awesome, what a great fluke :D.

#1 has suck great timing!!! I'm sure this was attempted a few times to get it right?
#2 is a great pano :D

Well done on the set!

First picture is amazing, definitely something special.

Used to bmx back in the day so brings a lot of memories.:D

Back