Boat Graveyard

cannockwolf

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
At last some great weather nice and sunny on sunday so i could get out and do some IR photography, after its rained solid for a month

Here's the result

Lytham_0987_202.jpg

Lytham_0995_201.jpg

Normally I like to Crit, but I can't so I won't - really nice shots - I like the framing, the focus, the detail, the motion blur on the clouds, the DoF, pretty much everything really.

If I HAD to split hairs, I'd go for the second - the foreground boat in the first is just... mmm, dunno, just mmm! ;)

I wonder if moving it to a less head-on view would improve the first? :shrug:

Both are absolutely bloody stunning shots though - good job (y)

Absolutely gorgeous shots! I think number one is the best. The boat in the foreground rocks! It IS the picture.

really like these shots, the composition is good and the post processing really works

Thanks for your comments :)

If I HAD to split hairs, I'd go for the second - the foreground boat in the first is just... mmm, dunno, just mmm! ;)

I wonder if moving it to a less head-on view would improve the first? :shrug:

i did try it from many angles and this one is the one that had the shape of the hull dragging the eye to the boat in the background, the other angles lost that shape completely

Hey cannockwolf - where was this please...? Beautiful location and cracking shots.

thanks for the comments :)

Hey cannockwolf - where was this please...?

i could but i would have to kill you :D

my dad doesnt want the location getting out as he hasnt seen any from there on the exhibition circuit so he asked me to keep it to myself

Errrm, ooookkkkkk.... so if I manage to ascertain where it is I need to ask your Dad if I can mention it eh... ;)

Personally, unless it's a private location, I think that's a rather insular approach, but ho hum.

i think camera club competitions get quite competitive as they are all looking for something unique to shoot, this is a different thing to how we operate on here mate

i think camera club competitions get quite competitive as they are all looking for something unique to shoot, this is a different thing to how we operate on here mate
That may very well be so 'mate', but you posted it on here, not me, and I stand by what I said... it's very insular. If that's your attitude, perhaps you ought not to have posted the images on here.:nono:

Me... I am all for sharing... :)

It's not, but it looks like a location I intend to visit as soon as the rain stops for at least a few days; Purton, on the banks of the River Severn. Ooops... I shouldn't have mentioned that top secret place, as there's not many shots on here from that location... eeek, what have I done...?

mate you can have a go at me all you want, all im doing is what some asked me to do, sorry i have offended you so much.

2 of the best shots I have seen in a long time, I love mono and this is the perfect subject. I`m sorry but I can`t find anything negative/constructive to say about them at all. (y)

seems the best way to operate on TP is just ignore people and be rude rather than be polite and try to explain something, i will endeavour to change my ways in the future

thanks chillz much appreciated (y)

mate you can have a go at me all you want, all im doing is what some asked me to do, sorry i have offended you so much.
No apology needed, I am not offended, it seems you are though. I just think it's insular.

As I said though... very nice shots indeed.

fair play laser_jock99 as i said i was just doing as i was asked :shrug: if i give my word i stick to it

thanks for your kind words mate (y)

Lovely set, the second has it over the first but both stunning, well done sir.
I can understand you keeping stum as the location revealed to you and as you say camera clubs can get cut and throat and nobody knows what clubs members on here are in.
I also acknowledge your reply that members of TP are not so cagey about locations, but as said you were shown and asked to keep mum.
Nothing wrong with that.

Excellent shots, and really work well in B&W. (y)

i didnt but it could be i bet

Very nice shot's. I have seen these boats several times in club comp's but these are nice.

I may even see these shot's again as my camera club meets Cannock quite often in interclub comp's.

Thinking about it, I don't think we've ever lost to Cannock.......:LOL:

which club are you?

Back