Boat house mist

Name
CAROL
Edit My Images
Yes
I dont do many landscapes but spotted this early morning at the lakes. My daughter says its a good one so i thought I would see what you thought of it
thanks cas

IMG_4939.jpg

thanks, i didnt like to post because of the hill, its probably me using the wrong settings, I do like the forground though.

That's a lovely shot. How about cropping out the twigs in the foreground right and the blown sky top left? I reckon that would really turn it into something special.

Nice shot with good colours. I don't mind the branches at the bottom, but I agree that the blown sky could do with a crop.

thanks for the replies, is this one any better
cas

IMG_4939IMG_4939.jpg

That looks spot on to me :clap:

I feel something's been lost in the crop and the original is better, despite the aforementioned distractions.

Wow Cas super capture, is that our way looks like brinscal, doesnt seem familiar if so can you PM me the place or better still a goggle map (y)

Ps edit I like the original not the crop loses its place if you know what I mean

Last edited:
Beautiful shot. LIke the first version better, though the sky is a bit of a negative. Second crop is just too tight for my tastes. (Of course, what do I know! LOL)

See, it pays to wait until you get more opinions. I still like the crop but maybe I would have gone for a more panoramic version, losing the sky but keeping the right hand side and bottom.

Or maybe I'm just talking out of my a*** as usual :D

Very nice tones - I go with the cropped sky & ideally the twigs on the RH side to be cloned out

very moody....like it a lot

Beautiful autumn colours. Lovely reflections. Your daughter was right it is a good landscape shot. Nice work :)

Thanks for all your replies, I have kept both versions. Im up there again this weekend I am going to have another go at it with the right settings and a tripod.

cas

Lovely shot, the mist helps mystify it a little. I think the original of the two for me.

A Lovely shot, the mist and colours are beautiful (y)

I prefer the original but the bright sky is a little distracting. In The second the composition doesn't seem quite right. I had a little go myself, hope you don't mind I'll remove it if you want.

IMG_4939a.jpg

I'll admit I cheated a little with this, there was still a little sky in the top corner but a cloned some tress in there to cover it up :nuts:

Benroy has beaten me to it, that was the crop I was just playing around with.

Great shot ***!

I dont mind at all. I need more than a basic editor then i can have a go :LOL:

Your version is great thanks (y)

A Lovely shot, the mist and colours are beautiful (y)

I prefer the original but the bright sky is a little distracting. In The second the composition doesn't seem quite right. I had a little go myself, hope you don't mind I'll remove it if you want.

IMG_4939a.jpg

I'll admit I cheated a little with this, there was still a little sky in the top corner but a cloned some tress in there to cover it up :nuts:

(y) aw never mind, thanks anyway

Benroy has beaten me to it, that was the crop I was just playing around with.

Great shot ***!

Thanks Toothie, Woodsy, animal168, and Just-Jay Im still undecided myself :LOL: I am sure Im going back this next weekend to have another go at it

I love the image, the edit with the straight pier gets my vote :)

Back