Bodelwyddan (Marble) Church, North Wales

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
A very familiar sight to anyone who's travelled along the A55 in North Wales. Stopped off briefly whilst on the way back from my Anglesey adventure for a few images (my first time actually in the church).

Hope you like.

Exterior

Bodelwyddan (Marble) Church by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Interior

Bodelwyddan Church Interior by Sootchucker, on Flickr

and finally to finish one converted to B&W

Bodelwyddan Church Interior B&W by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Often seen it from the 55 and stayed in a hotel nearby but never actually been into the church and these images make me want to,not a great fan of HDR but the way you have processed these is superb

I love all the interior shots and the HDR treatment you have given them. The detail it has produced is superb, and what a lovely interior it is !
The one minor niggle that bugs me (a bit like sloping horizons on seascapes) is the distortion that is present and this could be so easily sorted in PS.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments, but actually, none of these are HDR. Just a single 14bit NEF processed in LR4 using the highlight and shadow slider - a testament to the dynamic range of the D800 sensor.

The distortion is due to the 16mm ultra wide and the quirky angle I shot at. I was going to process the distortion out, but I kinda like it.

Last edited:
I know this has been done to death, but just to show, here's a 100% crop from the 1st image (upper left hand side), showing not only the detail captured by the D800, but the superb 16-35 F4 VR (who needs a 14-24 :LOL::LOL:)

100% Crop by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Lovely set of pics here. I thought they were HDR until I read your comments. Out of all of them I prefer 3 then 4

Thanks for the comments, but actually, none of these are HDR. Just a single 14bit NEF processed in LR4 using the highlight and shadow slider - a testament to the dynamic range of the D800 sensor.

The distortion is due to the 16mm ultra wide and the quirky angle I shot at. I was going to process the distortion out, but I kinda like it.

Interesting might see what Elements 10 can do with Shadow Highlight to see if I can get anything like this

fantastic shots

Thanks to all for the encouragement. (y)

Oh wow, I always look out for the Marble Church when I'm heading along the A55 and next time I'll have to pull over and go explore inside. Gorgeous shots and what a fantastic bit of kit.

Very impressive, some of the best church images that I have seen. :clap:

Back