Bodiam Castle

Edit My Images
No
Went on a photography course there today and thorougly enjoyed the day, weather not great but got a few keepers and was rather chuffed with this shot after some PP as 1st proper day of using the D300.

3300976555_28f4a69eda.jpg

Larger shot: http://flickr.com/photos/nictry/3300976555/sizes/o/

Would like some honest and constructive comments as really will help me to learn and get better (y)

Very nice I have the exact same shot that I took a couple of years ago but your has a much better sky, who was the course with and what was it like.

regards

Nigel

Really nice Nictry, a touch too central for me but really nice exposure :)

Do you know if the grounds are accessible for Dawn / Dusk? I've been meaning to head down there for a while but it's quite a treck for me to find that there's a dirty great big gate keeping you out of the grounds at those times!

Funny enough I wondered about this too but I did do this on purpose as I wanted it framed byt the branches either side (I guess I just wanted to break the rule of thirds on this one ;) )

Do you know if the grounds are accessible for Dawn / Dusk? I've been meaning to head down there for a while but it's quite a treck for me to find that there's a dirty great big gate keeping you out of the grounds at those times!

Well I was there at 9 am yesterday and although on-one mans the car park booth I got in fine, not sure how early though as I am pretty sure there were gates at the entrance which I guess might be closed for the night?

Last edited:
Well I was there at 9 am yesterday and although on-one mans the car park booth I got in fine, not sure how early though as I am pretty sure there were gates at the entrance which I guess might be closed for the night?

Ahhhhh I thought that might be the case, many thanks indeed, hope to get up there soon :)

Funny enough I wondered about this too but I did do this on purpose as I wanted it framed byt the branches either side (I guess I just wanted to break the rule of thirds on this one ;) )

If you're going to to break rules the I take it all back! ;) Like I said I do really like it, the centralness just stops it being that show stopper for me but looking at how symetrical and square the building is with the reflection I don't know that going off centre would improve it to be honest!

Nicely framed with the branches - I think I like it better at this time of year as it is more stark looking without the greenery

I am not too far from Bodium, maybe we could have a group outing there and go round the castle, walk along the canal and visit the tea shop where there is often some opportunity for bird photography from ducks to chaffinches stealing food

is that hdr?

Yes but not via bracketed exposures. I created 4 additional exposures in Lightroom then blended all 5 back together as it was a pig to get the Sky to show any detail as it was such a grey day :(

I am not too far from Bodium, maybe we could have a group outing there and go round the castle, walk along the canal and visit the tea shop where there is often some opportunity for bird photography from ducks to chaffinches stealing food

It is very scenic there although actually inside the castle I didn't really find it too inspiring (and a few others on the course did mention they felt the same) the grounds and surrounding area though was very picturesque

Nice atmospheric shot. For me, the central focus works well because of the framing with the trees. :)

It is very scenic there although actually inside the castle I didn't really find it too inspiring (and a few others on the course did mention they felt the same) the grounds and surrounding area though was very picturesque

I no longer go inside the castle when I visit, lovely views from the top but I also prefer the outside and surrounding area

Hah my girlfriend and I went there yesterday, no wonder there were so many togs there. Mostly Nikon though.
What time did you leave?

Last edited:
Hah my girlfriend and I went there yesterday, no wonder there were so many togs there. Mostly Nikon though.
What time did you leave?

Was there from 10-4 and there were 6 Nikon and 3-4 Canon togs so fair chance you saw us :)

Back