Body Dilemma......

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys,

Given my Fuji lens collection, I’m after the X-H1, which of my X-T’s would you keep to pair with it and why?

Cheers

Andy

Hi Guys,

Given my Fuji lens collection, I’m after the X-H1, which of my X-T’s would you keep to pair with it and why?

Cheers

Andy

Andy,

You may well find, as I did, that after getting used to the X-H1 the answer is that you will keep one of them for the same reason that I kept my X-T1. A combination of sentimentality, it's low trade in value and for the times when I need a small camera.

One of the rumour sites has claimed that there will be no replacement for the X-H1 before 2021, and maybe there will be no replacement at all. In that case my X-H1 will become a successor to my Nikon D700 which I kept from 2008 to 2015 and Fuji will have made the same mistake that Nikon did by not producing an improved D700.

You're using all 3, you tell us maybe. Does the XT3 have enough over the T2 for you personally? It wouldn't for me, I'm not fussed over speedier AF - I had the XT1 for a couple year and never really found it too slow for my needs, well, maybe a little when coupled with a slow lens like the 35 1.4. The XT2 is that good the T3 had to boast extra video features to make the upgrade worth it for many. If you really want the H1, I'd ship the T1 and T3, keep the T2 - same sensor as the H1 so your processing will match up for both.

This ^ unless you really need the features of the T3, that is if the H1 will be your main camera, if you are going to actively use both then I'd keep the T3 as then the EVFs match

Oh good point on the EVF, the XH1 evf is glorious! Forgot that was a big improvement over the T2

Keep the 1 and 3 but send the 2 to a deserving cause at Nod, Nod's House, Nod's Town, Land of Nod. It'll have a long and happy life here!!!

I'd keep the X-T3 that way if you don't like the X-H1 you have the best one to fall back on.. assuming that won't be the case though I'd trade them all in and get an X-100F just for something different.

Thanks for your reply’s guys. I’m currently using the X-T1 as my lightweight go to Macro Camera with tubes. I love love the X-T2. In all honesty the acquisition of the X-T3 was just down to GAS. Don’t get me wrong it’s an awesome camera and if I wanted it just for Videography then it would be a keeper. I wanted the X-H1 manly for the ibis with the 50-140 and the 100-400.

Like most money is tight at the moment so it’s selling to get something different in. I used to have the x100-t so the newer 100-F is appealing.

More thinking and researching me thinks.

Back