bokeh

Name
Tristan
Edit My Images
Yes
Few random pics from a photoshoot, she was new to it all, so i was stuffed as i am no good at sorting poses etc.., so just got some basic shots.

elena01.jpg

elena02.jpg

elena04.jpg

elena05.jpg

elena06.jpg

elena07.jpg

elena08.jpg

elena10.jpg

elena11.jpg

elena12.jpg

Very nice Tristan I think 5 and 6 are my favs...

Were these up town.

Cheers

Nigel

They just get better and better as the set goes on. Some very nice images.
Model's expression/direction of gaze in the first couple of shots ditracts for me, but more than compensated later in the set (y)

Really nice set,numbers 1,5+6 are my favourites (y) I think the pose/expression from number 5 in the setting of 3+4 (ie without that blue pillar) would have been an excellent shot :)

Cheers for the feedback, these were taken around London, very busy and rained quite a bit. I would love to go to some proper workshop and learn this type of photography, unfortunately most seem to be studio days rather than on location...

Loving number 5 - thats a great shot.

This lot of pics make me wanna hire a model and hit London =/

Love them all, but No 7 in aprticular as it is very atmospheric and evocative.

Some nice shots there, really nice bokeh too. But yeah I can see what you mean about the poses. Sorta goes to pot around 3-7 then comes back a bit better later on.

I find it hell alot easier when its a model who has done a few shoots before, this was her first one, and trying to directing her, it was difficult. When you have experienced models they are great to deal with, they bust out lots of poses and moods.

I was trying to balance the flash with ambient and get the critical focus, so juggling it all was a pain. Still i had fun, and learnt some more about flash lighting.

I sometimes wonder if bringing a book of poses would be a good idea, or would that not come across as professional.

Last edited:
I don't really like the idea of getting people do pose according to a book of poses. I'd rather just go with the flow and essentially document what happens. The phrase "I hate having my photo taken" is always a great thing to hear at the start of a shoot. Its even more fun when the English isn't the persons first language :D "Go like this.... Whats that mean? Um... ya know...."

She seems happy with the pics ive shown her so far, i ended up taking loads. She decided what sort of clothes she wanted to wear and ultimately done the poses she wanted.. so i guess if she is happy then its all good. She is russian :)

No.7 for me too (y)

To my eye some of the others could do with a bit of dulling down of the background.

I can see why you love that lens Tristan, its really something else..

You did well considering she didnt have any experience,

2, 4, 7, 8 & 9.. in that order too.. very well done.

Did you use just the one flash? and was it off camera at any stage??

Nice set mate.. (y)

Excellent shots. Great colours, great composition. Be well pleased with them old bean.

loving the location shots.. and as has been said lovely, lighting, bokeh and colours (y)

Stunning photos. The background colours are fantastic, and prfectly balanced with the flash lighting. Did you use any surface or gaussian blur during pp on a few of these, or is it completely natural bokeh on them.
Dean:)

really nice shots greeat winter look to them as well.
the poses are ok looks like she is waiting for someone **** matches the mood of the weather
good work

Well I'm very much a beginner but I think they are terrific. The only one I am doubtful about is the one where she has her hands on her hips, but in all the others she looks very natural and 'not posed', just hanging out waiting for her friend, boyfirend, a bus.

My favourite is the one where she is turning up her coat collar.

Brilliant set, lovely bokeh throughout and all are very sharp (I must get some of this L glass) #6 for me, has a 'New York atmosphere'. (y)

Back