Boks (Bouncy Stilt thingys)

Edit My Images
No
I am VERY new to this (had my camera less than a week) and was asked to take a few pictures of my friend on his 'Boks' (bouncy stilts that make you jump higher) I was pleased how they came out, though I messed up a little, chopping the end off of the stilt on one picture but I thought his expression was brilliant)
The light was bad, it was a cold overcast and windy day by the sea, and (as you can see) my photoshop skills are zero (tho I managed to add a border at his request!)

After his club saw the pics I took I have been asked to go to a meet and take pictures for the rest of the guys, now I am a bit nervous, as I am so new to this, but its all good experience. Anyone got any tips/tricks/things to remember as I venture out?

Thank you for your help, here are the pics:

jumpsplit1.jpg

Gah! Cut off the end of the stilt :(

wheee.jpg

running.jpg

I added a border with photoshop, and made it black and white, i thought it looked good. He is off to New Zeland soon so its a sort of goodbye gift.

reworkedcopy.jpg

They are really very good ... (y) ... although the Boks themselves look a bit mad the images have turned out well and you should be very pleased with them ... ;)

:p

wow they look scarey! I like the shots though :) the only tip I would give would be to maybe open you apature up a bit (IE go for a smaller f stop...I cant tell what you have used but the foreground a background both seem to be in focus so guessing something like f16) this would give you faster shutter speeds a stop some of the motion blur, though on the flip side the motion blur adds to the feel of speed & motion in the shot, so it is a bit swings and roundabouts. Cool shots though (y)

If you have access to a reasonably powerful flash you'll be able to freeze the action a little more and probably get some quite cool results if you're able to pan.

The last shot works the best for me. The crop angle is spot on however I'd like a bit more contrast and sharpening to make it pop more.

Thankyou for all you kind words and very helpful tips!

I havent got a flash other than the one on my camera, I see your point on the contrast and sharpening, I havent quite mastered that yet in photoshop :) Whats the crop angle? i used the crop tool to make the picture a bit smaller, but I twisted the camera when I took it (sorry to sound dumb, Im very new to this...)

Back