Bolsover Castle

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
I've already posted these in Film & Conventional's "Show us yer film shots" thread, so hope it's ok to post it here too?

These are all shot with a Lubitel 166 Universal TLR on Rollei Superpan 200 film.

FILM - At Bolsover Castle
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

FILM - Holding up the balcony

FILM - Doors within doors

I've forgotten everything about film but I seem to remember the Lubitel as a cheap Russian(?) clone ... these images show that it is no slouch, very good detail. :)

I've forgotten everything about film but I seem to remember the Lubitel as a cheap Russian(?) clone ... these images show that it is no slouch, very good detail. :)

That's the one. I believe the original vesion (the Komsomolets) was a copy of the old Voigtlander Brilliant. The model I have (the Lubitel 166 U) was the last in the range and the most advanced (although, to be honest, that's not saying a lot - it's pretty much manual everything). I find it quite tricky to focus and compose shots with it, but when I concentrate and take care, it can produce some really nice results. Considering they can be had for around £30, they're not a bad way to get into medium format film shooting - which is what I did.

Back