Bolton Abbey

Name
Renee
Edit My Images
Yes
Well this is from when TP went last fall but I just found it going through and categorizing my pix (you have allot of extra time while you are unemployed). Anyway this one caught my eye and I think it is kinda nice, I like the lines that work through it personally. But hey let me know what you think?

1470576820_364d2028c8_o.jpg

Hmm looking at it now it looks like I needed to do another USM after resizing. I"ll do it later.

Renee, I am not sure what the point of interest is in the shot. The bridge is clipped at it's left end, as are the rapids in the water. The trees do not add any colour or structure to the image other than being a background. Perhaps if you had used more of the bridge (making it the focal point of the image) by getting closer to it and using it to add more dynamic diagonals this shot would have had a stronger impact. (y)

thanks for help. Landscapes are definitely not my strong suit and I'd love to develp them more. thanks!

I don't like being negative, but I'm afraid I agree with him up north. I just don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at in this image - there's nothing that holds my attention. Sorry.

no apology necessary. I can only learn if I know what I've done wrong!

thanks for help. Landscapes are definitely not my strong suit and I'd love to develp them more. thanks!
You're welcome. Best way is to get out and shoot more. Look for interest, texture (light or colour modelling), and composition. The old rules work best so brush up on them. Also try to get out early and late in the day when light is more interesting.

Oh and of course, show them on here! :D

(y)

Hi,

Sorry to be a little negative too be I agree that this lacks a focus - some close foreground interest would have strengthened the composition. Worth a revisit to try a few more angles

simon

If nothing else this reminded me of the one and only TP meet I have been on. I don't live to far away from Bolton Abbey but believe it or not I've not been back since. :crying:

Thanks for the memory. (y)

Back