Bonsoir!

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Salut! Thought I'd better take the plunge and introduce myself here after lurking for far too long!

I'm Stu, married to Syb with 3 grown-up kids and together with Syb's elderly disabled mum we all live here in France, close to Saumur in the gorgeous Loire Valley. I've been a keen 'tog for years using first an old Zenith E and then my beloved Olympus before upgrading to digital with various 'toy' cameras, the latest being a FujiFilm S5600. I didn't really want to commit to digi (and the expense) but am now convinced it's the future! So, I'm after some advice which I'll post elsewhere.

Hope to join in when/where I'm able, and thanks for listening/reading!

A bientot! (y)

Hi and welcome :wave:

wave: Hi and :welcome: to the forums (y)

Thanks very much for the kind welcome. Today's the day (hopefully). Off to the HyperU at Bourgueill to buy the Canon EOS400 kit. They have it in there for a shade over €900 for the body, 2 lenses and a few other bits and pieces. It's the best price I've seen for it over here, so biting the bullet and taking the missus with me. Excited!

As far as images are concerned, these are the sort of thing I've taken with the Fuji.

275519054_e77a49cc02.jpg

262085398_4c5c7d4167.jpg

262112370_a0d2d5ecd9.jpg

Hope it's ok to post them here?

Hello Stu and :welcome: to TP

love the second shot in the forest (y)

Hi Lee! Thanks for the welcome & the nice comments. That shot was taken just a few hundred yards from the house. Lots of forest here!

welcome!
#1 and #2 spot on, not quite so keen on #3, but not bad for all that! (y)

Hey there Stu - welcome to tP - and congrats with your purchase. Looking forward to seeing more of your pics - especially like the forest one!

Back