Boo-bells in Springtime!

Boo

Edit My Images
Yes
As the weather has been making things difficult for getting out there and shooting flowers I thought I would share with you a pikkie I took 3 years ago using my dads's fuji 602z. We discovered a gem of a spot for shooting bluebells. I've given it a gaussian blur to give a hopefully nice and dreamy feel about it.

Bluebells+in+Springtime.jpg

Ok.... humph! why isn't the picture showing? Its in the gallery on here and I copied and pasted the url where I should.....????:suspect1:

I don't understand then... ok this is exactly what I did:

I logged into my gallery, then opened up the picture. I then went into my explorer bar and copied the url, which I then pasted into the little box that comes up when you click the 'insert image' button.

I didn't know how else to link to the picture, and I've not got a clue why its so small.

Its the first time I've posted a pikkie so I'm up the creek without a paddle :banghead:

Oooh thanks CT but why can't you see a border round the whole lot to include the caption

I see the border and the caption Boo. :ponders:

What you did was link to the small thumbnail preview pic. You need to click on that to open the full size image, then copy the url just as you did, but when you paste the url in your posting pane here, it needs to be between the image tags:
with no spaces.

There's a 'How to' HERE

Sorted it. Phew! on the first link there was html on the end... I re-did the process but got the right url - stupid woman! the only thing is that its not very clear the way I've done the border.... the line that you see was the thin mat part, with a frame round the whole thing which also went round the caption... thats something I need to sort out in PS. I automatically assumed it would define the edge of the canvass area a tad more but it didn't.... back to the drawing board.

Anyway lol do you like the picture?

Still shows the thumbnail. But looks worth waiting for when the posting is sorted.

I knew it would be worth the wait!

Yes, I like the pic. Bluebells and Poppies are my favourite wild flowers anyway, and that's a fantastic carpet of Bluebells there. :)

The only image I see in this thread is in mfwilds post ??

RobertP said:
The only image I see in this thread is in mfwilds post ??

Ok I give up! :hissyfit: I haven't got a clue whats going on now! I'm usually pretty good with this sort of stuff and being my first pikkie post I've gone right off the idea

The only image in your gallery Boo is the small version of the bluebells, you'll need to upload a bigger version before you can display it.

Dont give up, the picture looks worth sharing.

Go to the gallery, display the image you want to share, right click on the image, select properties and then copy the address (url). Paste that into the forum.

Mark

But thats what I did so I can't understand why its all gone wrong...... I can see at least 3 on this thread 2 large and one small..... I just checked out my gallery again and the picture has gone small.... I swear its been huge all morning lol

Hi Boo

Dont give up

I've had a look at your gallery and there is only 1 pic. The pic that you have uploaded was either really small or has been resized by the gallery. Have a look at your original pic size. Make sure it is less than 160K and that it is less than 800 pixels on its long side. That way the gallery wont try to resize.

From what I can see of the small pic, it really is good, and well worth sharing.

Hope this helps :)

Allan

I think the big ones you can see are on your hard drive Boo, try uploading it again. Maybe a mod can have a look at the links in your threads and see what if anything is wrong with them too.

Give me a minute and I will check your gallery setting and the size of the file that you have uploaded. From there at least we will know what is happening and should be able to help. :)

I have just checked your settings in the gallery and done a test upload of a file (now removed) everything is working fine at this end. That means that the picture you uploaded was either oversize (larger than 800pix along its longest side and/or over 160kb file size) If the gallery detects that, it will automatically reduce the file size and unfortunately it is not very good at that. We always suggest making your picture within the allowed sizes before upload.

The second option is that you have uploaded a very small file to your gallery to begin with, and that is what the rest of us can see.

Ok...... well my image size info when I look in my docs and hover over the pikkie on my hard drive is:

dimensions: 800x663
size: 125kb

So where did I go wrong? This is my resized image so with the original what is the best way to resize in PS?

email the picture to me boo and I will upload it for you :) It will give me a chance to check it out as well incase there is some other issue.

Bluebells+in+Springtime.jpg

Picture uploaded for you boo, the file size and dimentions of the reduced one were spot on and I used that one as you sent it to me. So I am sorry but I don't know why it did not work properly for you :( Maybe try uploading another picture to see if it works this time for you?

Its a great picture BTW :)

LMBFAO but all I see is a big fat X.... oh dear I knew I shouldn't have got up ths morning!!

Don't do that to me :suspect1:

Try force refreshing the thread (Ctrl +F5 together) and please tell me it works properly after that :banghead:

Yup There will be now as I have deleted the pic and uploaded it again so creating a new url. The problem is at our end and something to do with Gallery permissions. When logged in I can see the full size picture (and so will boo I am presuming) however as soon as we log out of the gallery the maximum size that we can see is the thumbnail.

I don't want to mess any futher though and will notify Matty to have a look and try to sort it out for you. In the mean time I will upload the picture to some of my webspace to host it for you boo. At least you know that you have done nothing wrong ;)

Sorry for all the messing, i'll ask matty to pm you when he has sorted out the issue.

I have uploaded it now, can someone please confirm that they can see the picture in all of its glory?

Steve said:
Yup There will be now as I have deleted the pic and uploaded it again so creating a new url. The problem is at our end and something to do with Gallery permissions. When logged in I can see the full size picture (and so will boo I am presuming) however as soon as we log out of the gallery the maximum size that we can see is the thumbnail.

I don't want to mess any futher though and will notify Matty to have a look and try to sort it out for you. In the mean time I will upload the picture to some of my webspace to host it for you boo. At least you know that you have done nothing wrong ;)

Sorry for all the messing, i'll ask matty to pm you when he has sorted out the issue.

I have uploaded it now, can someone please confirm that they can see the picture in all of its glory?

Thanks Steve ooooh but I was getting paranoid, thought I was going round the bend here :dizzy: I can now see the one you've loaded, plus all the others but I take it noone else can see.... oh well lol at least my life isn't boring.

Indeed, well worth waiting for, nice one Boo :)

Boo I have had another look and believe that your gallery is now fixed and working as it should. Let me know if there is any more problems :)

Woo hoo! Can you actually see it, can you actually see bluebells in front of your eyes, can you, can you, can you? :woot: Now are you absolutely sure its not your imagination lol..... :ponders:

ooooff now that I've calmed down.... the bluebells are down in Wiltshire just south of Marlborough and the name of the wood is West Woods; Takes just over an hour from here in Warwick.... a great trip as you go past fantastic Rape fields as well.

Good shot. I think the softness does add to it, you're right.

That place isn't a million miles from me, so I think I'll be off there soon! Thanks for the heads up!

Boo said:
the bluebells are down in Wiltshire just south of Marlborough and the name of the wood is West Woods; Takes just over an hour from here in Warwick.... a great trip as you go past fantastic Rape fields as well.
Thanks, thats another location to add to the list of places to visit this year :)

I have looked at this again today and think it has an almost mystical light and feel to it, which only adds to the enjoyment for me. It is a great shot!!

Back