Critique Boobies bay Attempt 2

Edit My Images
No
After my last trip clouded up, the drive down to my parents caravan had my feeling confident conditions were right for a nice sunset.
I was faced by the opposite this time, lovely sunset but unfortunately the clouds vanished. Manged a few shots and had a good go with the welding glass.
Comments and critique most welcome, thanks for looking Age

1#
boobies longexp sunset by surfage, on Flickr

cokin ND grad.

2#
boobies sunset by surfage, on Flickr

home made 3 stop nd filter

3#
BOOBIES BAY CRASH by surfage, on Flickr

exploding wave

4#
eating the sun by surfage, on Flickr
eating the sun

5#
putting the sun out by surfage, on Flickr

putting the sun out

6#
boobies sunset by surfage, on Flickr
Boobies sunset

7#

boobies longexp bw by surfage, on Flickr

Welding glass

Last edited:
Hi Adrian you will have more feedback when you post images which are able to be viewed, just by grabbing the BB Code from your flickr, this appeares a little soft, you appear to be shooting at the right time of day for sure, struggling to understand why, the softness.

boobies longexp sunset by surfage, on Flickr

Doh I keep struggling posting pics, I thought that was what I had done, hit share copy bbcode paste into post biggest I could select was 150x150. See your point on the softness I was using a homemade nd filter made from lee filter sheet.

Nice shots but cant help feeling a bit conned and deflated after reading your title lol ;)

Reactions: ST4
Ha ha windrunner august time it lives upto his name .always remember when I was about fourteen going down at first light to check the surf to be greated by four women skinny dipping fond memories indeed

I could go into all these one by one but it's too late at night. Enough for now that 2 is a lot more satisfying than 1. Images can express how we see the world directly, or express how we see the world emotionally, and 1 does neither - it's a fudge. 2 approaches the satisfaction of both criteria.

Does this make sense?

I could go into all these one by one but it's too late at night. Enough for now that 2 is a lot more satisfying than 1. Images can express how we see the world directly, or express how we see the world emotionally, and 1 does neither - it's a fudge. 2 approaches the satisfaction of both criteria.

Does this make sense?

I Agree I prefer number two. But not sure what you mean by fudge ,what in particular ie compo, processing ect.keen to improve so any advice appreciated

Back