Book Printing - Blurb

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there
Can anyone advocate or recommend a book printing company from personal experience?
I have just spent a couple of days preparing and ordering a photo-book from Blurb, only to have it arrive the wrong size, badly alligned, trimmed within their own markers and genrally dissapointing.
I'm look for an alternative.
Tx Graham

Blurb usually get good reviews on here but never used them myself. I had an Albelli book done two weeks ago with no issues but I was going to try Blurb as they have an option to remove the branding.

I await other replies with interest

thats interesting about Blurb ... i was going to order a book from there this weekend ... might postpone it now

Used Blurb loads of times, never had a problem. Could it have been an error on your behalf?

thats interesting about Blurb ... i was going to order a book from there this weekend ... might postpone it now

Oh dear, if you never bought from a company due to the odd bad review, then you would never buy anything..............:D

People moan more than they praise, especially on the interwebski...........(y)

I've had about 10 books from Blurb with not a single problem. Quality is superb as is trimming and alignment, very surprised you've had a problem.

Andy

That's a shame about Blurb. I've not had a problem with them and my last print run with them was 100 books

They have excellent customer service so give them a call or email and explain and I'm sure you'll find they can help

blurb quality is very good, just dont like the marketing attitude anymore

Hi I've used blurb a few times, good stuff however I do have an issue with the dust and crap that came with each order. Think blurb farm out uk orders to somewhere in netherlands (might have changed) on the whole a good order system and pretty good quality product, I thought vistaprint would buy them as they have the same annoying attitude to Market lol

I have had lots of Blurb books printed and everyone has been excellent, I have also had quite a few sales of my books through their book store, where Blurb just credits me through PayPal.

I believe a number of book printing companies use a number of different company to do the actual printing - if you have an issue contact them direct - I'm sure they'll make it good.

I have used blurb many times in the past for portfolio books or budget albums but you do have to watch the quality of finish. I think due to the high turnover the QC is a little lacking and I have had issues in the past with glue splatters on the cover and pages guillotined incorrectly which caused some pages to crease. If you do have problems the CS department will rectify swiftly.

Back