Undecided Booking.com Warning on refunds.

Baloo

Pleurodelinae and proud
Name
Roger
Edit My Images
Yes
Mods please move if in wrong area.

Been using Booking.com for years without any issues, but we have booked a week in Scotland from Saturday and prepaid Booking.com in order to save an extra 10%. Unfortunately the proprietor of the property has had a family bereavement and cancelled our booking. Ok these things happen, but here is the kicker, booking.com have told us that we will not receive a refund for 7-12 working days! They also offered us alternate accommodation at twice the price with the promise they MAY refund the difference at a later date!

I know many photographers will be taking breaks in the UK this year, but be aware that if you use Booking.com they take a long time to return your money even if you are not at fault.

I recently had to cancel an Airbnb booking and the money went back into my PayPal account the same day, only thing you have to be mindful of is the cancelation policy, I guess the hosts set that themselves.
The money was actually paid to booking.com as they were offering 10% discount for immediate payment, so its booking.coms policy. Never used AirBnB might give it a go for next week.

I booked a B&B with them for Skomer last year, paid up front and then the pandemic hit, when i cancelled the booking i lost the deposit,they said i had to contact the owner of the property , to which i still have not heard from and either had they. I dont know if they went out of business but i didnt get anything back. It was because i cancelled vis the app i lost the money, but if i didn't i would have lost the whole booking. Lesson learned, Free cancellation bookings only from now on.

Back