weekly Boots' 52 for 2024

I think we all have that box - well thought out :)

Have a similar box or two and should sort them and get rid but mmm I wonder what that cable fits :rolleyes:

Have a similar box or two and should sort them and get rid but mmm I wonder what that cable fits :rolleyes:
Yes, we all wonder that. Then we chuck it out. Two days later, we find out what it fitted.

Thanks Keith!

Reactions: nog
Week 14 - Gob Shot

Struggled with this shoot for a variety of reasons, not least the passing of our snakey friend.

I saw this chilli seedling on our windows sill and thought - hmm, looks a bit mouthlike, with a drop of water and image rotation. So here is Audrey.

Audrey.JPG

In colour too! Just to prove I'm not a one trick pony.

...and the title? Well, why don't you tell me?

Very original and surprising take and the water drop looks superb. Good work.

The title? Hmmmm .... ah yes..... of course!!
Named after that British actress who always ordered Mexican food for her breakfast at Tiffany's. Nailed it!!

Very original and surprising take and the water drop looks superb. Good work.

The title? Hmmmm .... ah yes..... of course!!
Named after that British actress who always ordered Mexican food for her breakfast at Tiffany's. Nailed it!!

Great take, I can really see the inspiration.

Thanks both!

Bob, your guess on the title.... Nope!

That's a really interesting shot, imaginative composition and added kudos for a blatant shoehorn. I like the focus on the texture through the drop - were you specifically trying to focus the camera on somewhere that's green?

Last edited:
That's a really interesting shot, imaginative composition and added kudos for a blatant shoehorn. I like the focus on the texture through the drop - were you specifically trying to focus the camera on somewhere that's green?

Thanks Nick! I was focusing on the drop. As you can imagine it was a very small drop, and the camera wasn't playing with autofocus, so I was moving back and forth until the fixed focus coincided with the drop.

Yep - that works a treat!

Thanks Nick! I was focusing on the drop. As you can imagine it was a very small drop, and the camera wasn't playing with autofocus, so I was moving back and forth until the fixed focus coincided with the drop.

Perhaps for the first time in my life, I was being too subtle. :LOL:

Ticking the vivid box nicely with Snapper's.

Like the subtle gob shot and good to see a different idea
Rubik is a nice sharp shot with reflections and certainly fits the vivid theme

Love the Rubik's cube. Nice composition. The subtle reflections help the image too.

I really like the rubix cube shot, barring the crop which doesn't work for me. For such a square subject a square-er crop would work better imho

As your profile said you don't mind people editing your photos, I've attached how I would have cropped it - a 5x4 crop, FWIW

Attachments

• Rubik_DxO.jpg
    Rubik_DxO.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 4
A lovely minimalist image. Works a treat!

Love the Rubik's cube. Nice composition. The subtle reflections help the image too.

I really like the rubix cube shot, barring the crop which doesn't work for me. For such a square subject a square-er crop would work better imho

As your profile said you don't mind people editing your photos, I've attached how I would have cropped it - a 5x4 crop, FWIW

Thanks all! You're right about the crop - I could have done better!

Back