weekly Boots' 52 for 2024

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
My fourth 52 week challenge; 1st year success, 2nd year crashed out after 17 weeks, 3rd year success.

Techniques

SooC - Jan/Feb
Vivid - Mar/Apr

- May/Jun
- Jul/Aug
- Sep/Oct
- Nov/Dec

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Week 1 - Close to Home
Week 2 - Hard
Week 3 - Soft
Week 4 - Water
Week 5 - Snapper's Choice
Week 6 - Neat and Tidy
Week 7 - Filthy
Week 8 - Whole
Week 9 - Hidden
Week 10 - Textures / Textured
Week 11 - (something) Personal
Week 12 - Shadows and Silhouettes
Week 13 - Unkempt
Week 14 - Gob Shot
Week 15 - Snapper's Choice
Week 16 - Empty
Week 17 -
Week 18 -
Week 19 -
Week 20 -
Week 21 -
Week 22 -
Week 23 -
Week 24 -
Week 25 - Snapper's Choice
Week 26 -
Week 27 -
Week 28 -
Week 29 -
Week 30 -
Week 31 -
Week 32 -
Week 33 -
Week 34 -
Week 35 - Snapper's Choice
Week 36 -
Week 37 -
Week 38 -
Week 39 -
Week 40 -
Week 41 -
Week 42 -
Week 43 -
Week 44 -
Week 45 - Snapper's Choice
Week 46 -
Week 47 -
Week 48 -
Week 49 -
Week 50 -
Week 51 -
Week 52 -

Last edited:
Week 1 - Close to Home & Technique - Straight Out of Camera

Close to Home.JPG

Close to me is a park, popular with dog walkers and families riding their bikes... err...

Shot in Jpeg, low resolution, mono selected (none of which I do, so it will probably take me a month to get the camera back to normal!). Minimal resizing for the forum and removal of any personal data are the only edits.

Take care out there with the flooding.

Time to trade the bikes for kayaks by the looks of it. Good shot, on theme and well done for getting out of your comfort zone in regards to camera settings.

What camera and B&W setting is that?
It puts me in mind of the low contrast preset in LR.
It's a cool reportage style shot that shows the effect of the recent storms that we've had. And very well technically captured with the verticals actually vertical (mine won't be for this tech !!!)

Looks a bit moist that Paul!

Nice SOOC Mono.

Time to trade the bikes for kayaks by the looks of it. Good shot, on theme and well done for getting out of your comfort zone in regards to camera settings.
Thanks Ryan!

Very good indeed. I like the composition. Maybe without that branch?
Thanks Bob! Yes, I'm annoyed about the branch, I was looking down, not up - silly.

What camera and B&W setting is that?
It puts me in mind of the low contrast preset in LR.
It's a cool reportage style shot that shows the effect of the recent storms that we've had. And very well technically captured with the verticals actually vertical (mine won't be for this tech !!!)
Thanks Tim! It's a Sony RX-100 (the original version), and it only has one B&W mode so far as I know. I normally shoot in RAW and convert in Lr or Nik.

Looks a bit moist that Paul!

Nice SOOC Mono.
Yes, it is very moist all along the valley. Thanks Dave!

Really nice composition Paul. Very much a January pic. Black & White treatment works well for the subject. (y)

I like that composition Paul. Sadly an all too familiar sight at the moment.

A familiar site for a lot of us at the moment. That would certainly cut short your walk! Works very well in mono as much flood water is a muddy brown.

Certainly bashed it up! Nice mono!

Tree has certainly had a hard time of it. I had thought of taking a pic of an oak tree - hard wood

I like the fan of broken branches leading the eye up to the upper middle of the photo. The slight vignette also helps with this.

I really like this Paul. My kinda shot. What appears to be sprawling roots is actually dead branches on closer inspection. Not what you thought it would be, thus I like it.

Oh dear, poor tree.

I like the composition with the branches (almost vein like) filling the bottom of the image and leading your eyes up towards the top. Lot's of texture in there also.

Thanks Adam!

You got that one down for sure :)

Nicely done :)

Back