Borders in Photoshop elements 3.0

Name
Julie
Edit My Images
Yes
I know most of you have the latest and the greatest I am sure, but can anyone tell me how to make borders around my pictures in 3.0 I have tried and tried and can't seem to figure it out. I can't seem to find any tutorials on it either. Should this be straight forward for me and I'm an idiot or what?:p Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks and I'll keep looking around for answers.

Jewel:)

All I ever do in Photoshop is increase the canvas size by 5 millimetres, with the colour either black, or white, depending on the picture. In Elements click Image > Resize > Canvas size, to open the dialog box. Hope that's what you were after :).

In CS you can make it an action as well so al you do is click a button and it does it automatically, I'm not sure if elments can do it but worth checking.

Adrian said:
All I ever do in Photoshop is increase the canvas size by 5 millimetres, with the colour either black, or white, depending on the picture. In Elements click Image > Resize > Canvas size, to open the dialog box. Hope that's what you were after :).

Yes that is exactly what I was after Adrian. Thanks for your help.It worked. Drumroll please..... Ta da!!!:)
http://www.thephotographyforums.com/albums/album15/lilypads.jpg
Jewel

I've started using 'Mikes Framer' as from last night.

I have the free version but he has a more sophisticated version for which he charges £4.99 by Paypal which I will definitely be buying.
It's a JS based automated script and once you have set the basics up and saved a couple of templates is fully automated apart from adding a Title in a dialogue box.
My pic below doesn't show the exif data which it is capable of adding automatically but not in a jpeg, but you could size and save a tiff and add the frame first then convert the whole thing to jpeg.

framegrab.jpg

framed.jpg

nice shots from both!

Your'e very welcome (to Mikes Framer and the forum!)
I think someone else uses it here too.
It's a doddle once you get used to it.

I used to live in Golborne BTW (Warrington postcode at least!)

Bachs said:
I used to live in Golborne BTW (Warrington postcode at least!)

Its a very small world, I used to work in Golborne :icon_eek:

Golborne, such a lovely place.....:whistles:

Isnt that in Wigan, not Warrington? (Well it's in Greater Manchester anyway ;))

Back