Borneo - anyone been and got any recommendations?

Edit My Images
Yes
We are thinking of planning a trip around April, mainly as my wife wants to see the orangutans.
Not keen on big groups of people, may well look into private or small tours, and want to have plenty of time to take a few snaps.
My feet are not up to lots of walking, so climbing mountains is not likely although I could manage a 3 hour hike but maybe not a second one to get back down the following day!
What do you know of the place any input much appreciated!

I haven’t been to Borneo but Naturetrek do a tour to see the Orangs
we have done quite a few tours with them over the years and they are always excellent
it’s worth giving them a ring they have specific advisors for their tours, I have spoke to them a few times over the years before booking trips

I haven’t been to Borneo but Naturetrek do a tour to see the Orangs
we have done quite a few tours with them over the years and they are always excellent
it’s worth giving them a ring they have specific advisors for their tours, I have spoke to them a few times over the years before booking trips
Thank you for that, we'll look into them. So far all we've done is go to Trailfinders and we have the name of a company that a friend used for a Cambodia trip.
All help is appreciated and useful!

We stayed at the Rasa Ria resort. It was a little out of the way, but with a regular minibus into town, Right on the beach but also attached to a forest nature reserve that was home to orangutans.

There were organised visits to see them, usually at feeding time, but to be honest we watched them several times from various hotel balconies. The beach was nice, but there were lots of jellyfish. They were supposedly harmless moon jellies, but we stuck to the pool! Fantastic sunsets & the best breakfast spread I've had anywhere.

This was late 90's, & I appreciate that things may have changed a lot....

We stayed at the Rasa Ria resort. It was a little out of the way, but with a regular minibus into town, Right on the beach but also attached to a forest nature reserve that was home to orangutans.

There were organised visits to see them, usually at feeding time, but to be honest we watched them several times from various hotel balconies. The beach was nice, but there were lots of jellyfish. They were supposedly harmless moon jellies, but we stuck to the pool! Fantastic sunsets & the best breakfast spread I've had anywhere.

Sounds idyllic, thank you too!

I never got to actually visit Rasa Ria but I did see one end of their golf course numerous times (my dad used to run watersports along the Tambalang River which exits into the South China Sea just next to one of RR's holes). From the river mouth I've briefly seen an Orangutan climbing in the trees over in the distance which is presumably their little reserve you mention.

Back then the place to go for the Orangutans was a sanctuary in Sepilok. Whether it's still there I don't know, but I'd expect it may be as it was fairly well established.

Back