Borrowed a friends eye-fi card

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a Canon 600D and I have borrowed a friends eye-fi pro x2 card and I cannot get it to work.

I put it in my camera and set it to store raw+jpeg and took a photo so there was data on the card. The display shows the wifi symbol and 'off'. If I go into the settings and then the eye-fi settings I can see the file transfer option but its disabled and greyed out. I am assuming the card doesnt have any configured wireless connections so wont allow me to enable it.

Now I installed the eye-fi windows software from the website but when I plug in the SD card the drive appears and I can see the photos but the eye-fi helper sais there is no connected card. I tried using an external SD USB adapter but it made no difference.

Any ideas?

I managed to get it working. I had to reformat the card in the camera. There must have been something on there which the card firmware wasnt liking.

The card seems to work but I cant do much more without registering it which will wipe my friends data so I am not going to do that. It works in the camera which is the main thing I wanted to check as I had seen people reporting issue with the card and cameras which had the boot option set so they could use the magic lantern addon. Reading more today that seems to be an old issue and it looks like you can now even install magic lantern on the wifi card and have them both working at the same time.

Back