Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II

Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Me and the wife have just been to lanzarote for a few weekd and found we really missed the mobile music as we always have it on at home.
looking at a small but decent bluuetooth spaker for travel.
happy to spend a bit of coin as it will be a long term investement.
not usually bothered about bose but this mobile one comes out best buy.
any views?

I have a Cambridge Audio one which I am quite happy with, had it for a few years now,possible alternative, tbh I haven't looked at the Bose one. The Cambridge one suffers from a slightly weak base until you place it close to a wall. Then again given its/their size what would one expect.

I've got a Sony SRS X 33, which for its size and price is a great little speaker, Bluetooth or direct mini jack input. It might not be up to your exacting standards Paul and I wouldn't want to turn it up to 11 but it's perfect for me when I'm camping.

We bought a Bose Soundlink for travel and my experience of it is only positive. In fact I am abroad at the moment and listening to Steve Wright as I type.

I don't know if it's the best or the worst out there, but I do know that it is reasonably affordable, easy to use and sounds ok.

I've got one and really like it - portable, good sound quality (perhaps a little bass heavy, but not too much). I've not looked, but there don't seem to be any ways of adjusting the sound, but I'm happy enough with it as it is.

I tried a few in John Lewis with my own music, and found this best value for money.

Mike

Bose soundlink mini, unbelievable bass for the money, battery seems to last about 5 hours as well.

cheers, generally not a bose fan but maybe this is what they are very good at.
will take a punt.

Personally, if I was using it for travel, I'd go for a UE Boom. They're the size (and shape) of a beer can, and are waterproof, and generally very tough. If you got the Bose, you would then need a case for it, and still wouldn't be keen on just sticking it in a bag to carry it. The UE Boom is tough, rubbery, and the sound quality is, in my opinion, better than the Bose. I'm a regular user of both speakers. The Bose is nice for around the house, but out and about, it's the UE Boom every time. UE stands for Ultimate Ears, and is essentially, Logitech. :)

I was quite astonished how big the sound was from the soundlink at a friends house party.

I have this and absolutely love the sound of it.
It should be noted that it is not light (for the size), so if you are weight restricted when travelling, have a look at some alternatives to see what is available but lighter.

If this is not a concern, have no hesitation in getting one.

went and listened today to a few, the UE was just fugly also the volume control is awful on the box, just seemed cheap but sounded ok.
the bose one just popped straight away, super easy on the ear and synced so nice, has a nice heft to it also.
still want to check out the sony as it was on display but the demo wasn't working.
next time i go to leeds i will take a 3.5mm cable and just link direct to a few more.

I have the "mk1" and "mk2" versions. The 2 is definitely superior, IMO. The bass isn't as full-on as the mk1, and you can partner with a number of Bluetooth devices.

They're both great (Costco often have the mk1 on a deal if you're a member), but the mk2 is worth the extra money IMO.

Back