Boss

Thats a nice portrait Dan, really like the rim light on the side. Personally I prefer the colour version.

Unless you have had a gender change or a extremely rich individual you are not the boss :)

Personally think the colour works best.

Cool photo great pov/pose. Did you modify the speedlights ? Could you say where they were placed too if you don't mind sharing. I see the one behind the shoulder /rim :)
Ditto the above re the colour.

Gaz

Cool photo great pov/pose. Did you modify the speedlights ? Could you say where they were placed too if you don't mind sharing. I see the one behind the shoulder /rim :)
Ditto the above re the colour.

Gaz

One speedlight in a 38cm softbox practically in my face
One bare speedlight on the same side fire behind me, the spill lit the black velvet a little and the wall to the side which reflected and filled my face on the other side - bonus!

I can see how I'd quite like four lights :D

Last edited:
That's a nice shot Dan, and the lighting is very nice. I like both of them but if I had to choose then it would probably be the colour version.(y)

George.

Fab shot, colour is spot on for me...and I still can't quite put my finger on who you look like!

Small space ? I was reading your other post last time I logged in regarding your garden project.How big was this space, you seem to be doing ok :)

Gaz

Small space ? I was reading your other post last time I logged in regarding your garden project.How big was this space, you seem to be doing ok :)

Gaz

This is in the corner of a bedroom :) I kept tripping over things..

He looks like Paul Hollywood!

As for the phots looking good Daniel, I love the colour one but you know I am obsessed with B&W currently.

Good job though

This is in the corner of a bedroom :) I kept tripping over things..
:) No the feeling.
We happen to have one of those log cabins which houses my Daughters drums in the back garden. I thought it would be a faff using it for photos, as I would have to keep bringing my gear back to the house but recently I have used it and it's been ok. Mind you I only take photos for myself as you have here.

Gaz

Thanks for the set up image. I have never tried two lights from the same side plus one light being hard and the other soft seems to make for a striking image.

Gaz.

Thanks for the set up image. I have never tried two lights from the same side plus one light being hard and the other soft seems to make for a striking image.

Gaz.

I think the wall to the right helped the image, so a reflector or something on that side would be needed to replicate the 'look' :) or just make your own look

I think the wall to the right helped the image, so a reflector or something on that side would be needed to replicate the 'look' :) or just make your own look
Good point fella. Thanks for the tips.

Gaz

This was the setup, the bedroom is being renovated at the moment :) well in between shoots..

View attachment 35810
Looks like Lastolite kit to me! :) Black velvet and an Ezybox Hotshoe kit (it's got the spigot tilthead with it) lol..

He looks like Paul Hollywood!
Nope.. that's not it... this has been driving me nuts since another once of his posts... cross between a young Billy Joel and a young Ben Afleck maybe?

Back