Beginner Botanic Gardens, Edinburgh

Name
Ronnie
Edit My Images
Yes
First time trying to do any real plant photography, so just tried to be a little creative and take some nice shots. Hope you like.

DSC02847.JPG DSC02853.JPG DSC02888.JPG DSC02932.JPG DSC02935.JPG

Now... I opened this post as I saw you'd not had any comments yet - and if I'm being honest I'm struggling to articulate any thoughts either. Numbers 2 / 3 / 4 just don't do anything for me at all - and while 1 and 5 have potential they are just falling short of showcasing the beauty of the flowers.

I think #1 would have been improved had you stepped round to the left and excluded (if possible) the tree on the left hand side from the background. I think it draws attention away from the flower.
The focus seems off on #5 but I do think focusing in on the detail is more effective.

Now... I opened this post as I saw you'd not had any comments yet - and if I'm being honest I'm struggling to articulate any thoughts either. Numbers 2 / 3 / 4 just don't do anything for me at all - and while 1 and 5 have potential they are just falling short of showcasing the beauty of the flowers.

I think #1 would have been improved had you stepped round to the left and excluded (if possible) the tree on the left hand side from the background. I think it draws attention away from the flower.
The focus seems off on #5 but I do think focusing in on the detail is more effective.

Thanks for commenting :) First time having a go at this and was just experimenting, so nice to know what to do different next time.

Back