Bottle of Port

ppp

Edit My Images
Yes
Just playing with the new camera, set up a bottle on the side,not a very good shot but thought i'd put it up anyway, i tried duotoning with a hint of brown seemed to work but couldn't output to jpeg so had to leave it in greyscale. Comments appreciated but bear in mind this is one of the first pics i have ever taken with a DSLR. thanks

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e121/Andrewboon/portbottle.jpg

All i have done is USM, greyscale and tweak contrast and brightness to my liking, think it may be slightly out of focus?

Nikon D50 with 18-55mm kit lens

Focal length: 55.0mm (35mm equivalent: 82mm)
Exposure time: 5.000 s
Aperture: f/5.6
Whitebalance: Auto
Metering Mode: matrix

Is it me or does the writing seem to stand out too much? only just noticed.

This is the original colour pic with a USM and convert to greyscale. Too bright for me but should i try to get somewhere between this and the first pic??

portbottleorig.jpg

edit..on second thoughts looking at it like this i think the first may be too dark, so maybe just a slightly darker version of this is best?

I think the subject matter makes it difficult to comment. Only you know what it really looked like.

It looks OK to me for a 5 second exposure. I'm looking on a laptop screen so i won't attempt to comment on which brightness of image is preferable.

If there is something interesting about the subject you get more replies. I've posted a few in the past with no replies - don't worry about it :)

Hi I prefer the first shot the darkness +midnight on lable give some point to it
(sorry if that sounds negative not meant to )
steve c

Cool, i appreciate it's not interesting, i agree. It was dark outside and late and the first night i had my camera and i just had to take a pic of something with it and i guess it was a bit of an arty/moody nothing shot just playing really, so appreciate your comments on it.

Will hopefully have some better pics in the future once it is lighter in the evenings i can get out after work and really see what camera and i are capable of. fingers crossed its good. lol.

Back