Bought an AD600 battery dead

Name
MG
Edit My Images
No
My dad bought a ad600 about 11 months a when he received it he fired it a few times and then stored it away. It was a bit of a fad from his part so decided to sell it on.

However it’s come to light that the battery won’t charge now (been on for about 1hr 30 but not working)

Is this a common issue that it’s knackers the battery if it’s left uncharged (assume they come like this from the factory also). Any solutions?

Cheers!

Sorry but think the battery past is best.

Sometimes you can jump batteries back to charge state by inserting/removing the power cable a few times in a row until the status led comes on. Otherwise just leave it plugged in for a while..... or its dead.

I had an issue with an AD400 battery - that when I put it aside I left the charger plugged into it - but not plugged into the mains - it discharged the battery down to below a usable level and killed it. I was advised then never to store it with the charger connected :) and since then all is good. The dead battery couldnt be revived.

Sometimes you can jump batteries back to charge state by inserting/removing the power cable a few times in a row until the status led comes on. Otherwise just leave it plugged in for a while..... or its dead.
Thanks for this I’ll give t a try.

So that’s plug it in to charge as normal, then pull the power cable out then back in a few times and hopefully the led stays light will start flashing green?

Thanks for this I’ll give t a try.

So that’s plug it in to charge as normal, then pull the power cable out then back in a few times and hopefully the led stays light will start flashing green?

Yeah, hopefully it works. I did it with some other devices and it worked, when the led came on I left it to charge.

Yeah, hopefully it works. I did it with some other devices and it worked, when the led came on I left it to charge.
Which led are you referring to? The red led comes on, just not the other bars (I believe they flash up in green to show its chaRging)

Attachments

• C2132A23-03D5-4CA8-9B52-B33A43C922DC.jpeg
    C2132A23-03D5-4CA8-9B52-B33A43C922DC.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 12
Back