Bowens GM500R display upside-down all of a sudden?

Edit My Images
No
For some reason, while using my Bowens flash mono block heads today one of them just suddenly started showing the digital display on the side of the head upside down. No idea why, everything else works fine apart from this. Any other Bowens users experienced this strange upside-down display phenomenon and what the fix is?

I figured I could try to pop the display out and pop it back in upside-down, rectifying the issue, but I'd rather know what caused it and how to fix it correctly.

its a setting so the unit can be mounted upside down on a ceiling rig for example, do you have the remote ?

Last edited:
Ah, didn't think of that. It just happened though, was not always like this. I don't have a remote. I use a Godox trigger.

It's in the manual, hold down the test button while powering on then you'll enter set up mode.

After it's done showing you the number of shots through the unit choose setting 1 via the tenths dial and set to 0 for off or 1 for on.

You're not the first to be thrown off by the inverted display, probably won't be the last either.

WOW! Thank you Simon, that worked. Well, didn't work the first time, but when I did it the second time it worked. Can't find that part in my manual though, but thanks so much.

Back