Edit My Images
Yes
First up, here is the equipment I have:
Camera = Canon 5d MkIII
Studio Lighting Kit = Bowens Gemini GM200
Light Meter = Sekonic L-358 fitted with RT32N wireless module
Yongnuo RF602/C Flash Trigger
Yongnuo RF602RX Receiver

I can trigger the studio lights when directly connected to my camera, and I'd like to be able to trigger the studio lights from the light meter, then trigger the camera and lights wirelessly. Can it be done using the equipment I have. If yes, can anybody advise on how to set up and get it working. If it can't be done, what do I need to get this working?

TIA

I don't know anything about the wireless module.
But I'd go for the simple solution.
Transmitter on camera, receiver on flash. Meter in left hand, camera in right. Meter in flash mode, click shutter, take reading.
Return to shooting position, take pictures.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the RT32N is the American version isn't it? You're not really meant to use it in Europe.

If you were adamant about trigger the head via the light meter then you'll need a pocketwizard trigger to go with it but that's about £45 for a receiver, £45 for a transmitter and £40 for a EU frequency RT32. Which seems an awfully expensive way just to get the light meter to trigger your head.

It'd make more sense to me to get another Yongnuo trigger (£15?) and connect it to the Sekonic meter via a sync cable. Not really elegant but it should work.

I'd go with @Phil V 's solution trigger in one hand, meter in the other & just press the test button on the trigger

Thanks guys, making do with the cable just now. Although a bit of a nuisance, it does the job.

Back