Review Bowens mount holder for a Speedlight / Flash - how good are they?

Would you buy this mount to use with your flash?

• Yes, Great Purchase

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Already got this in my kit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, only if the price is right

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Name
Liam Brewster
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello ALl

my fist thread posting on here... got all my gear i want but looking to expand my flash kit.

can anyone offer me advice of what the mount holders are like with a flash attached, on the thing like the following:
  • would a flash be able to fill a strip soft box the same with these mount or are you better with the proper unit attached?
  • is it worth the money to buy an adaptor or save up for a full set of bowen flash.
  • anything really that would help my decision in whether i can buy the mount to then build up my flash kit
epl_7978_1.jpg
12-quot-x-48-quot-strip-softbox-bowen-strobe-or-nikon-canon-flash-mount-6.jpg

thanks in advance for you advice

You won't fill a strip-box with a speedlite, no chance.

If you're serious about studio lighting, and work where there is mains power available, pukka studio flash wins every time - modelling lamp, fast recycle, plenty of power, huge choice of light modifiers. It's not expensive either, eg Lencarta Smartflash-2, or Elinchrom D-Lites.

i thought this would be the case, that a flash just could spread the light enough to fill it

thanks for your recomendations i will look into them

I started with speedlights and have a very good s mount speed light adaptor from lencarta. It's great for use on softboxes/beauty dish......but it's not as good as a proper studio head.

I started with an sb900 (new) and then got an s mount bracket, softbox and a brolly. Cheaper by far to start with a studio head kit. And better results IMHO

Shaheed

Back