Boxing day and january chasing orion and winter milky way

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Some recent favourite images. A cold clear night a few weeks ago at Stonehenge shooting Orion ove the stones, I also loved the overall panorama going from Sirios through orion to Mars and the Pleiades so took a panorama across the view.

And a couple from boxing day night, watching the moonset at Halnaker windmill before a winter milkyway arch at St Marys church at Upwaltham. I hoped to get an angle on Orion but couldn't really find a composition I liked so went for this winter arch.

All taken with an astro modified canon 6D and Tamron 24-70 f2.8. Tracked with a star adventurer. Stacked in sequator, panorama's in PTGui and processed in photoshop.

Stonehenge-winter-panorama by Alan, on Flickr

Panorama of 5 portrait panels, each panel a stack of 3 tracked, 120 seconds, f4, ISO 1600, f4, similar for foreground untracked single frames.

stonehenge orion jan 23 by Alan, on Flickr

A stack of 14 frames for the sky, 120 seconds, f4, ISO 1600, f4, similar for foreground untracked single frame.

BI4A6859-Edit by Alan, on Flickr

2 seconds, 85mmISO 1600 f.28

Winter Night at St Mary's by Alan, on Flickr

2 rows of 7 images tracked in portrait for the sky, 30 sec, ISO 4000, same untracked for the foreground. I was tired by this point after being out half the night and didn't have the patience to expose for longer, although I really should have!! I'll go back here in the spring to shoot the summer milky way from the other side of the church.

Wowsy, amazing, thank you for sharing :)

Very nice set of out & about style captures Alan.

Back