Critique Boxing Day drive around the Highlands.

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Took a drive through Torridon, Lochcarron, Kishorn and back to Inverness via Eilean Donan on the Skye road. These are the best three I came home with.

I was determined to get something different of Eilean Donan but couldnt resist the last one as I was heading back to the car.

The last two are from recent winter afternoons.

1. Loch Kishorn

Loch Kishorn
by Michael~Ashley (Catching up), on Flickr

2. Eilean Donan Portrait

Eilean Donan Castle

3. Eilean Donan Afterglow

Eilean Donan Castle - Afterglow

4. Loch Drumore

Drumore Loch - Perthshire

5. Loch Duntelchaig

Loch Duntelchaig

Good set.
#1 has a great sky and reflection.
I like the composition in #2 but there appears to be some distortion with the castle itself.
#3 is a lovely image of this location, one of the best I've seen.
Composition in #4 is good and I like the colours, I'm thinking a little more lightening of the background might be an improvement.
Good colours in #5.

Hi, Great set of images with #2 being my least favorite. Some of the lighting you have captured is nothing short of superb.(y)

"ALL THE BEST FOR 2014"

Awesome set of shots - love them all but number 2 is my favourite.

Great set and No2 is wonderful

Thanks for all the comments guys. It always amazes me how others have different favourites from a set

Number 2 is lovely. Having seen so many pictures of the castle and taking some myself, I love the angle you've taken it at!

Great photos Michael. I really like the composition of #2, although I would have preferred some sharpness about the castle. Loch Duntelchaig is very good. You've captured it as I remember it when fishing the loch. Cold, windswept and dreich!:clap:

I really like #2 with its great foreground interest, the leading lines of the bridge and the colours of the floodlights bringing out the castle from the pale blue of the sky.
#3 is really sharp and the mirror like water reflecting the upper part of the image brings symmetry to the picture, good colours as well
#4 is nice, good colours but not as sharp as 2 & 3
#5 is not nearly as good as 2,3,4
#1 in my opinion quite boring with nothing of interest to catch my attention.

Back