Boxing Day in the Hide (A running thread image 19 has now been added)

Very informative thread Rich,thats great pics are a real bonus for us (y),

regards,
john.

Cheers John

A good pose on that Ltt Rich and some good info for all (y) I am somewhat puzzled as to what the other members of your family do for entertainment :thinking:

Thanks Rich They have to live with me

Some great shots there. Now all you need is some Red Squirrel's!

Cheers Charlie To right i must raid North of the Border :D

Love that first starling shot

Thanks Ken

Lovely stuff Rich, nice to see behind-the-scenes as well :)

drew

Thanks Drew i thought it might help a few of the newer members

Very informative thread Rich, good on you to share your trade secrets (y)

Thanks Roy i find by sharing you build up friendships and a network of people all over the place and there's still a lot more to come

Regards All

Richard

Todays offerings
Taken today i was hoping for some flight shots but the light was'nt good enough

rw65.jpg

These next 2 were taken over the Christmas Period

rw62.jpg

rw67.jpg

Regards

Richard

Yet more excellent shots Richard, looking forward to the next chapter.

Regards: Gordon

Are you paying these guys to pose by your bedroom window Richard, its another good set, particularly like the goldie but they're all good (y)

Yet more excellent shots Richard, looking forward to the next chapter.

Regards: Gordon

Thanks Gordon at the moment the weather is awful here i want to show a couple more set ups but i need some decent light

superb thread!

Thanks glad you are enjoying it

Are you paying these guys to pose by your bedroom window Richard, its another good set, particularly like the goldie but they're all good (y)

Thanks Trev i must do a current count but i have over 20 different species of bird coming in and it times you struggle to keep up with how many are present

Regards all

Richard

Still Loving it Richard and it has inspired me to sort my feeding station out which is now only a few feet away from my window!....

Last Sunday I was even out in the freezing cold with the lopers creating some lovely natural perches in the hedge....

Also bought some black netting for construction of my window hide (which my 3yr old has volunteered to help me with!!??!!)....

Just need the finishing touches and some good light now!....

Thanks for the inspiration....keep it going!

Nice one Rich, good to see you posting up again (y) What with this and Tori`s motorised hide which she is building, we shall all be turning into DIY freaks before long :D

(y)brilliant richard ,
keep it coming great series and photos
all the best
mick:canon:

It's been a while since i updated this thread i have had major family woes with our elderley parents and their health. So i have only managed to get back on in the last 2 weeks i feel i need something else to focus on otherwise i think it would drive me mad . So another willing subject from the bedroom hide.

DPP_8mod.jpg

Regards

Richard

Last edited:
Another of my willing models a tad damp

DPP_0008mod.jpg

Regards

Richard

Fantastic post Richard,very much look forward to the updates,not too sure about the colour of the eye shadow the LTT is wearing,makes her/him look a bit smutty.LOL.

Great shots and love the hide, I just wished my upstairs windows opened, oh and that I had a 600mm ;)

Cut the bottom 400 cm of the plywood attatach a peace of cammo netting you will have a lot more freedom to move your lens about and better vision

Hi all
Its been modified over the years a 9 inch by 6 inch piece of one way glass is now used for observation this is fixed and bonded in position just above the lens opening. Remember the thread is 4 years old and things have moved on a bit since it was first done.
I am glad people are enjoying it again though .

Hi Richard

after about a week of experimenting I am now getting reasonable detail shooting thru normal window glass

been using Great Tits to compare settings, here's one from this afternoon .. I know it's a little shadowy ...... but that was the intention

I just now need to find some really good noise reduction software

sm_GT_window_5.jpg

Topaz denoise
sm_GT_window_5a.jpg

sm_GT_window_4.jpg

and another in a different light

sm_GT_window.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Bill
I swear by topaz noise reduction software you can buy it as a plug in to run alongside adobe products
Regards
Richard

Hi Bill
I swear by topaz noise reduction software you can buy it as a plug in to run alongside adobe products
Regards
Richard

Thanks Richard - see above just added a quick Topaz Denoise image

Ahh mate you didn't tell me that my camera hasn't been outside, before....I've abused your baby:eek: I guess you should have set the price higher:D. Rich naturally i'm messing she's wonderful and very very slowly she's getting me pics I never dreamed of taking.

Rich, thanks for this thread I'd not seen it before today as a frantic diy nut, all manner of perversions are running through my mind now, really captivating kiddo. I just wish I could get off this train ride and do something a bit more compelling like spend more time with a brick stuck in my face.

Great informative thread ,wonderful images and a guy utterly willing and generous to the next tog,

not so bad huh;)

take care bro

Stu

Back