Boxing in March can only mean

Absolutely love this - the framing and the low POV are superb - great action too. If its not too big a crop then a little noise reduction wouldn't hurt, but that really is a good shot

Mike

Thanks Paul for the feedback unfortunately light was not great and a bit of a distance, but it was great to see a bit of boxing. Hopefully next time I will get some good light .

Very nice :)

He's called Mike, John, ^^^ mind Paul Pooley has a ring to it:D

I absolutly agree with him though, that's a lovely lovely frame ,I'd be very thrilled with this one John !! I agree on maybe a bit of nr to bkg, but it's a belter of a frame , dull light or no.....good catch mate.............. seeing it is one thing, catching it.......hmmmmm:LOL:

lovely to see this, keep pushing mate

stu

Ops ,sorry Mike . Stu thanks mate but i have cleaned up, and replaced the photo can't do much more about the nr . Light was bad to start with and had more than ten hares out in the field. With me hidden in a line of firs with a handy stump to sit on at the edge of the field ,perfect spot just to watch. Then as the light started to improve it seems the locals were waging war against the pigeons which put the hares on edge and they eventually got further and further away. But i had a nice few hours watching these guys from eating the maze cobs to chasing each other around and the highlight was the short bouts of boxing great to see.

Cheers for the reply John, lovely to know a few more details,yeah tis traditional pigeon time now,saturdays are tricky for me for the same reason.....it's been hard getting out of late ,i'm really missing them !! I was really hoping this year i'd finally grab an image like yours above. Mind, we have a while yet john i've seen boxing in August;)

Well done buddy !!

Stu,got quite lucky to have found this spot must have seen 15 separate hares in a couple of hours on a short walk. Had three of them chase past me whist sitting on a path at least this one stopped for a photo. Do love spotting wildlife it keeps me sane,live for the weekends.IMG_20190224_173151_024.jpeg

coooorrrrrr:cool:

15 is brilliant john it's heart warming brilliant given things today,I can't help but worry mate, properly heart warming ha i'm stoked for you and them !! i'm too busy john ,but ours are ok

I got out on sunday, I'm being Mr super clutz stalker of late:LOL: which is funny and frustrating................... when one doesn't get many chances it's good to not cock up!!

hey ho i did get a few images on sunday. although my creative leanings proved not to really work out:rolleyes: it was nice to be back for a few mins at the very least trying to work out how to fit the sod in frame. The stretch did me like a kipper john I've barely had chance to go through them.I might just have a couple without amputation !!

Love the above TFS

Thanks Stu, your not the only clutz stalker mate . Some times i think i should just leave the camera at home and go and just watch,at least i wouldn't be coming home frustrated when i download the shots :(. But as we all know the next visit could reward us with a killer shot .

Super shot, despite my hundreds and hundreds of hours sat watching Hares, I have only seen this at too far away to shoot

Paul

Back