Boy and his Flat-Cap - Cuteness Warning!

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
My son Luke. Almost 5 months old already. Time is flying.

Love B&W with portraits and just suited it even more with his flat-cap on.

Taken with a sigma 105mm macro lens, was one of those portraits, not planned as we visited the in-laws so was intentionally going there to raid his garden to look for insects but when he popped on the cap, the light was nice coming through the patio doors so had to see what would happen.

My Boy, Luke#3 by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

My Boy, Luke#2 by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

My Boy, Luke#1 by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

Thanks for popping in. One thing I <just> noticed is the loose hair on the end of the cap, so I might remove that from the images before getting a print. I think I really like that first image, though I am tempted to the last one also.

He really does look a bit non-plussed by it all :D
Nice images of the lad, I'm not sure about the OOF peak of the cap though, the pattern makes it really noticeable :)

He really does look a bit non-plussed by it all :D
Nice images of the lad, I'm not sure about the OOF peak of the cap though, the pattern makes it really noticeable :)
cheers gramps, even at 2.8 was quite sticky-outy, will bump it up more next time and up the ISO to match. I think I might get him to put on some of my caps and see how that turns out, maybe do a little series with "hats" lol

Very nice. Think #1 is my favourite though. A definite 18th / 21st birthday large print.
I'm sure in years hell love you when you show his girlfriends them :D

Lovely set and great conversions. Number three for me. Great expression and no issue with any of the cap being OoF. He could be watching his horse romp home at Cheltenham!

A series would be cool... share the view on dof needed to be a little more but great eye contact in #1 did you put his favorite toy on your lens??? He doesn't look best please though.

:D

A series would be cool... share the view on dof needed to be a little more but great eye contact in #1 did you put his favorite toy on your lens??? He doesn't look best please though.

:D
Was in his nans arms and Rachel was calling him so I guess it was a look of "don't bother me mum I'm with grandma" lol

Back