Boy...

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Doing what boys do best. Acting up for the camera. :LOL:

DSC_0261b.jpg

Nice shot but just a wee bit overprocessed for my personal liking.

Looks a bit like... well it is processed a bit beyond what I would have done but shows him as a right little monster (in a nice way, of course;)) if this is the effect you were going for.(y)

His cheeks and mouth are very red - oversaturated possibly?

It looks like focus was on his hairline and then it goes progressively OOF towards his chin? This OOF mouth sort of exaggerates the red mouth:shrug:

Hang on:LOL:

I didn't say I did not like it...it is just, well, different to what I would have done and this might well be a good thing:bonk::LOL:

As you say different strokes, different folks!

(y)

One thing I hate about forums is that when people read what you are saying, they can't hear the "tone" in which you wrote it. lol.

I wasn't being defensive at all. I appreciate the critique you gave very much as I appreciate all critique on this site. :) Getting critique from another set of eyes is awesome. Shows me things I didn't recognize to begin with. I showed my girlfriend the same picture and she didn't like it at all, pointing out exactly what you did. The more I look at it, the more I agree. haha.

Hope you had a great holiday!

One thing I hate about forums is that when people read what you are saying, they can't hear the "tone" in which you wrote it. lol.

I wasn't being defensive at all. I appreciate the critique you gave very much as I appreciate all critique on this site. :) Getting critique from another set of eyes is awesome. Shows me things I didn't recognize to begin with. I showed my girlfriend the same picture and she didn't like it at all, pointing out exactly what you did. The more I look at it, the more I agree. haha.

Hope you had a great holiday!

:confused::bonk:

No worries m8 - I suppose the other thing about forums is not wanting to offend because some peeps can be really fragile - my bad(y)

With time we learn who can take it and who can't and obviously you can!(y)

Oops, yes having a great holiday thanks, you?

Anton

Hi F-Stop. :) I like the tight composition of this pic, but think it would look better in it's original/natural form, and if necessary/required, just edit it slightly via your editing programme.

I'm guessing this is a young lad, and feel that the post processing has made him look a lot older. I maybe wrong though. I'm wondering if you have the original to see what it looks like? :)

Hiya. :) I have to say F-Stop, (feel funny saying that, lol), :LOL: that I prefer the original. It's much better. Shame that the whole image isn't in focus, if the mouth was, it would be great. Maybe you could sharpen it every so slightly, not sure if that would enhance it or not, but I much prefer this one. :)

Oh yeah. I love criticism. Only way to get better. :)

Holidays are pretty awesome right now. Good food. Good family. Good friends. Wish we could get some snow here though. lol

Good to hear!(y)

Whereabouts in the States are you?

Hiya. :) I have to say F-Stop, (feel funny saying that, lol), :LOL: that I prefer the original. It's much better. Shame that the whole image isn't in focus, if the mouth was, it would be great. Maybe you could sharpen it every so slightly, not sure if that would enhance it or not, but I much prefer this one. :)

I liked the original, but felt it lacked a bit of oomph or something. lol. The DOF is caused from the 1.8 I was shooting at. I'll have a play around with it and see if I can bring out that kid in him. lol

Good to hear!(y)

Whereabouts in the States are you?

I am from the north part of Mississippi. Population of around 40,000 and the primary import is boredom. HA!

Aww, I know what you mean. Will be nice to see your conversion. :)

Back