BR Class 52 (Western) 50th birthday.

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Today I've been out with the boys chasing diesel hydraulics on the Severn Valley, the results were good and I used a polariser to help with the skies as the increased DOF at small apertures and max 25mph would allow me to experiment.

D1062 Eardington summit by MJ Wilson, on Flickr
Ironically no polariser for this one......

5164 Eardington summit by MJ Wilson, on Flickr

D821 Little Rock by MJ Wilson, on Flickr

D821 Foley Park by MJ Wilson, on Flickr

D1062 Northwood by MJ Wilson, on Flickr

Now I look at them I think three needs a WB little tweak...

Love the vibrant colours in all of then while not being too overpowering. To coin a clinche, they would make for ideal postcards since they are all nicely composed.
I had a scale model of one of the Warship Class locomotives, so it took me back a bit.

They're all decent enough 'classic pose' shots, sharp, well exposed etc...
What they lack (with the exception of #3 due to the exhaust) is the suggestion of movement.
Just my 5p :)

I've always had a soft spot for the Westerns. Impressive looking machines.

I must make some time to head down to SVR and take some pictures. Hopefully as good as these.

A nice set Matt ,the fourth one down; get rid of the person in the high-vis in my opinion it will improve the shot.

Ron.

Was down there myself monday. These are great locations and excellent compositions .
For me these are bit overcooked on the colours ,but each to there own .

Great series ,but a bit over done on colours and sharpening .

Pons

4 and 5 are doing it for me, not usually a fan of diesels but these tick the right boxes

4 and 5 are doing it for me, not usually a fan of diesels but these tick the right boxes
Then surely that must be the ultimate compliment. Whilst not keen on the subject you like the resulting image, I can live with that.

Great shots - agree with Dweeb. The colours are great and the composition is spot on. Perfect postcard material!

Back