Bradgate

Thinking of going there some time this week as it's not too far from home and not been for a while. Nice shots of a fantastic location.

Brilliant place to go I think it's better in the week as there is not so many people around

Sent from my iPhone using Talk Photography Forums

Been meaning to go back there myself.

I'm afraid they all look a bit soft to me.

Been meaning to go back there myself.

I'm afraid they all look a bit soft to me.
Yes I have to agree with you although the originals on my ipad look very sharp not sure why this is

What am I doing wrong I am using a fast shutter speed I sharpen about 40% in Lightroom and the photos look sharp on laptop and ipad but not on talk photography any help please

What am I doing wrong I am using a fast shutter speed I sharpen about 40% in Lightroom and the photos look sharp on laptop and ipad but not on talk photography any help please

Not sure!
Maybe someone can help!
The only advice I can offer is host them from Flickr,it's what i do and many others also!
Flickr has it's issues but your pics normally look ok from there,I use it for Facebook as they seem a lot better this way!:)

many thanks I will try a couple and see how they turn out

My first thought was the host, but surely the TP attachment facility is up to scratch?

As I can't see any exif information I can't see what settings you are using which makes advising you tricky. What I do when I shoot animals is I have a single point focus spot selected and I aim for the animals eye so as that hopefully becomes nice and sharp. I my self shoot in manual mode with a ISO of about 400 shutter speed of about 1/150 up to 1/500 depending on if it looks like The animal may scarper off at any point, I have my aperture set to 4.0 up 8.0 depending on the situation at the time. I am still learning with animals my self I have attached one of my images so you can have a look at my exif information to see if that will help you out.

Swan 5
by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr

As I can't see any exif information I can't see what settings you are using which makes advising you tricky. What I do when I shoot animals is I have a single point focus spot selected and I aim for the animals eye so as that hopefully becomes nice and sharp. I my self shoot in manual mode with a ISO of about 400 shutter speed of about 1/150 up to 1/500 depending on if it looks like The animal may scarper off at any point, I have my aperture set to 4.0 up 8.0 depending on the situation at the time. I am still learning with animals my self I have attached one of my images so you can have a look at my exif information to see if that will help you out.

Swan 5
by pinkbikerbabe 1, on Flickr
thanks for the info, not sure how to include the exif info i hot in shutter speed at at 1/1000 as it was a bright day with iso about 400 evaluated metering
your photo of the swan looks as sharp as mine does when i view them both on my ipad many thanks for advice tho

thanks for the info, not sure how to include the exif info i hot in shutter speed at at 1/1000 as it was a bright day with iso about 400 evaluated metering
your photo of the swan looks as sharp as mine does when i view them both on my ipad many thanks for advice tho

iPads are not the best device for viewing images on as they can make images appear darker than they are, plus I will mention all my images are edited on a calibrated monitor.

Looking at the Exif and the pic on Flickr,the pic of the swan appears soft due to the focus point!
The tail feathers are sharp,but the head and eyry are not!
Shooting on a long focal length even at f5.6 produces a small dof!
I think you have just missed your focal point!

thats good to hear thanks for looking pinkbikerbabe
here is the exif info on the swan photo i took
[Image]
Make = Canon
Model = Canon EOS 650D
X Resolution = 400
Y Resolution = 400
Resolution Unit = inch
Software = Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.4 (Windows)
Date Time = 2014-03-23 19:56:45
Exif IFD Pointer = Offset: 208

[Camera]
Exposure Time = 1/1000"
F Number = F5.6
Exposure Program = Shutter priority
ISO Speed Ratings = 160
8830 = 2
8832 = 160
Exif Version = 30, 32, 33, 30
Date Time Original = 2014-03-23 15:40:20
Date Time Digitized = 2014-03-23 15:40:20
Shutter Speed Value = 9.97 TV
Aperture Value = 4.97 AV
Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV
Max Aperture Value = F5.42
Metering Mode = Partial
Flash = Flash did not fire, compulsory flash mode
Focal Length = 214mm
Subsec Time Original = 0.22"
Subsec Time Digitized = 0.22"
Focal Plane X Resolution = 5798.658
Focal Plane Y Resolution = 5788.945
Focal Plane Resolution Unit = inch
Custom Rendered = Normal process
Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Scene Capture Type = Normal
A431 = 083033053708
A432 = 120/1, 400/1, 0/0, 0/0
A434 = 120-400mm
A435 = 0000000000

[Thumbnail Info]
Compression = JPEG Compressed (Thumbnail)
X Resolution = 72
Y Resolution = 72
Resolution Unit = inch
JPEG Interchange Format = Offset: 836
JPEG Interchange Format Length = Length: 12642

[Thumbnail]
Thumbnail = 256 x 171

Looking at the Exif and the pic on Flickr,the pic of the swan appears soft due to the focus point!
The tail feathers are sharp,but the head and eyry are not!
Shooting on a long focal length even at f5.6 produces a small dof!
I think you have just missed your focal point!

Yip I agree with you what I was told by some who shoots more animals than me is single focus point and aim for the eye every time, granted not easy to do as animals are unpredictable. I also use continuous focus just incase it does decide to move.

Bazza,I don't know what your photography history is,but a tripod won't help you as it's missed focus points rather than camera shake!

thanks for that cotty332000 i will take that on board and practice

can someone explain to me how i can see the exif files on a photo thanks

Back