Brands - Britcar into the Night 2009 - During the Day

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Brands - Britcar into the Night 2009 - During the Day
Had another go with my Siggy 150-500.

...I'd have gone shutter priority and stuck with one shutter speed for this type of shot.

Thanks for the advice Dave_G - I went with AP this time...

1) Surfing the gravel - 1
DSC_5365_Composite.jpg

2) Surfing the gravel - 2
DSC_5380a800.jpg

3) Ma5da - Grass Track
DSC_5624a800.jpg

4) Martin Tolley
DSC_5636a800.jpg

5) Piers Chandler
DSC_5637a800.jpg

Thanks For Looking - C&C Welcome

Last edited:
#1 - I like the triptych idea and the timing of capturing the action is great, but the images are soft, probably shutter speed a bit too slow and over exposed, again a faster shutter speed would have sorted that.

#2 - This one is probably the best, but again it is a little bit soft, it is a shame that car #32 is popping into the frame too.

#3 - Good job capturing the air between the tyres and grass and a nice clean background.

#4 - I'm not a fan of shots without the whole car in the frame, but I guess it shows off the graphics.

#5 - Gloves? Maybe Piers is making sure the mirror is adjusted right for the drive home (he bolts a number plate on and drives home from the circuit, fair play!!!)

No.2 (flying gravel :))& 4 are my favorites, I might have to "borrow" your lens next time :D

(y) Thanks Craikeybaby for the comments...
#1 - I like the triptych idea and the timing of capturing the action is great, but the images are soft, probably shutter speed a bit too slow and over exposed, again a faster shutter speed would have sorted that.
I agree - must try harder :)

#2 - This one is probably the best, but again it is a little bit soft, it is a shame that car #32 is popping into the frame too.
The previous frame did have the other in but also the #6 was sitting flat in the gravel and the image looked dead.

#3 - Good job capturing the air between the tyres and grass and a nice clean background.

#4 - I'm not a fan of shots without the whole car in the frame, but I guess it shows off the graphics.

#5 - Gloves? Maybe Piers is making sure the mirror is adjusted right for the drive home (he bolts a number plate on and drives home from the circuit, fair play!!!)

No.2 (flying gravel :))& 4 are my favorites, I might have to "borrow" your lens next time :D

Thanks Alex - I sure we can come to an "arrangment" for a lens swop :LOL:

Last edited:
Back