Brands Hatch 2009 Season Launch

tdp

Name
Tom Dauben
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

Here are some pics i took today at Brands, including the new Williams F1 designed JPH 01 F2 car...

They're not my best shots by any means, and i'm not totally happy with them, but better than no shots at all.

C&C welcome.

3324134516_b246003318.jpg

3324132232_9576276280.jpg

3324116336_7bb341d3c9.jpg

3324110438_9e49040fc6.jpg

3324108770_13a7f0b6e1.jpg

3323258061_91650e6241.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Tom,
was a very slow start today, did you stay long? I left after the MSV session and jsut as the Historics came out.
Shame you didn't get the whole bike in #4.
I found the changeable light played havoc.

Hi,

I stayed until the M3 masters were driving round (was that before the MSV stuff? - don't remember seeing it)... i missed a couple of bits. You're right, it was a slow start, a little disappointed by the amount of time I was left standing around between things appearing on the track. Still, it was free...

The bike shots were tricky, i found it hard to get used to panning for them on the straight, cars don't seem as tricky.

Damn you guys are quick. Then again I only just got back... I stayed right till the end lol.

Hi Kalph, so did i miss anything after the stupidly long and boring M3 Masters slot...? That made me want to leave as it was rather tedious to watch in comparison with the rest (apart from the one person who drifted one around the final bend!!! :clap: )

Hi,

I stayed until the M3 masters were driving round (was that before the MSV stuff? - don't remember seeing it)... i missed a couple of bits. You're right, it was a slow start, a little disappointed by the amount of time I was left standing around between things appearing on the track. Still, it was free...

The bike shots were tricky, i found it hard to get used to panning for them on the straight, cars don't seem as tricky.

The BTCC cars came out after the M3's then the MSV cars. The M3's were out far too long for my liking. I was grabbing something to eat when the bikes came out I caught a couple of shots at Paddock bend, nothing great. Bikes certainly do take some practice on panning on straights. You just have to learn to twist quicker and hope for the best.:LOL: I've yet to crack that one yet.

Hi Kalph, so did i miss anything after the stupidly long and boring M3 Masters slot...? That made me want to leave as it was rather tedious to watch in comparison with the rest (apart from the one person who drifted one around the final bend!!! :clap: )

Tell me about it... the M3 Masters just wouldn't end!! :bang: At least afterwards I got woken up by some MSVR cars, BTCC, Historics and Trucks tearing round the track (y)

Agree with that one M3 that tried to drift on the last bend... must've been one of the instructors demonstrating to the passenger or something :p

Agree with that one M3 that tried to drift on the last bend... must've been one of the instructors demonstrating to the passenger or something :p
He certainly livened it up. He was sliding round Paddock and Druids too I was beginning to wonder if Priaulx had nabbed the keys.:LOL:
Who else was driving the M3's apart from instructors, some of them were driving painfully slow.:(

Who else was driving the M3's?

Journos! That's who!

The day might have seemed a little disjointed to some, but it was all about stringing together photo ops for the media...

Where your pictures gone??

Minor c**k up with the macbook... i deleted them in iphoto and it's deleted them from my flickr account... i'm just doing some tweaking in aperture for an experiement and will replace them on flickr and edit the img links here too... Sorry for any confusion.

I understand the point of the day was for media etc., the only thing that made it less enjoyable for me as a punter was that there were large gaps between things going out on the track.

Cheers, it was difficult to get it without the very last little bit of the 'sail' from the grandstand... Next time I go i'll have a look and see if I can get a shot without it.

Have to say that I don't think these are my best batch, the results I got at the Britcar night race were better - still a fun day though.

Back