Brands_Britcar_132.jpg

Brands_Britcar_282.jpg

Brands_Britcar_311.jpg

Brands_Britcar_381.jpg

Brands_Britcar_422.jpg

Brands_Britcar_491.jpg

Brands_Britcar_495.jpg

Nice! Love the long exposure shots!

Am still wading through mine from today - not afraid to admit I have an awful lot of junk, but some are OK.

I'm just sad that's my last outing to Brands for a few months :(

Amazing photies! As a newbee, I'd love to know how to get a moving object (the car) with a blurred/moving background. Please enlighten.

I've never seen that article before and what a load of crap it is.
Complete guide? Doesnt even tell you anything about anything.
Telling people to pre-focus is good if you already know in your head what shot you want, but if the car spins off or crashes then your going to have an out of focus shot.

Dont get me wrong, desantnik, not having a go at you, i just think who ever wrote the article is not the best teacher in this genre. Panning at 1/500th? Might work with a supersonic jet fighter but not a racing car.

Interesting night trails, just ashame you werent quite wide enough on a couple. i need to add a tri-pod to my tools to try this , was a great day's racing wasnt it, couldnt believe how warm it was.

So what speed would be best to try?
It depends on the light during the summer I was shooting at 1/200, 1/125. yesterday I found myself at 1/80, 1/60 1/50 and 1/40.
Once the light started to fade, I really struggled I wanted to get a shot of the Aston Martin DBRS9-GT3 racing in the Britcar race but they came out really grainy with noise.

Interesting night trails, just ashame you werent quite wide enough on a couple. i need to add a tri-pod to my tools to try this , was a great day's racing wasnt it, couldnt believe how warm it was.

Yes not a bad day's racing and very mild. Some of the shots were taken through gaps in the fencing so I'd zoomed in to cut out the posts etc. I need a new tripod really as mine doesn't open up tall enough.

I would use 125 or lower for a pan and and then above 1000th to freeze the action, not really much point going in the middle because as Badgerbaiter said its too fast to get any decent panning action but not fast enough to properly freeze the action.

Haha, dont worry i'll try and disagree in future!

[girlie mode] That purple car in the third shot is really cute!! [/girlie mode]

Nice stuff there - I love the shot looking down into what I assume to be the pits area with it all lit up - very nice and by far of the best of the night shots IMO. :)

[girlie mode] That purple car in the third shot is really cute!! [/girlie mode]

Nice stuff there - I love the shot looking down into what I assume to be the pits area with it all lit up - very nice and by far of the best of the night shots IMO. :)
The programme cover was my inspiration for the pit lane shot.
File0230.jpg

Brands_Britcar_491.jpg

The Purple Ginetta is a girly car. It was driven by Sarah Moore in the Junior (14-17 yr old) category

Thankyou very much :)

That Panasonic is actually in my price range, would you say it is better than the Fuji?

I've not had any experience of the Fuji, but I find the Panasonic very easy to use. With regard to the manual use it has a very handy joystick on the back which allows you to alter shutter speed settings as well as focal length. I bought my Panasonic a couple of months back and it has come down about £100 in that time so it's a very good deal at that price.
The 12x Optical zoom is very handy too. It's features like that which are helping me resist moving onto a DSLR.

Back