Brands Hatch this weekend

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone.

I'm new to the world of dslr. I used to have a lumix fz28 but changed to a Canon 350d, a little old I know but is the best for the money, the kit is listed in my Sig, and I've got a monopod on the way.

Anyways, I'm looking for tips and advice and maybe good locations for shooting the cars on the track as ill be going to brands hatch this weekend. Hope someone can help.

Thanks Mike

Inside of Druids corner (hairpin bend) is a good place to start. Cars have slowed down quite nicely at this point so you can get some nice panning shots at around the 1/200th mark. I've had some good results there with bikes..

Also , the straight approaching the bend is a great place for getting pics of them hard on the brakes. Enjoy it!

Hi Mike. Inside druids is ok but also try on the outside shooting thru the chainkink - possible to blur it into invisibility. Also try some panning. If the enent uses the indy track its not as varied as the full gp circuit. Do the paddock and get on the terrace if its open/free

Hi Mike, I shoot Brands all the time, you can make just about anywhere work (300mm is fine), it's an excellent circuit for viewing. I suggest going out the to the GP section, cars are going quick, sound awesome and there's some nice angles to be had too :)

Have a great day.

Thanks for the tips
Sounds like druids is a popular bend.
Nice photos Craig, 3590 is a great one.

Im guessing its pretty easy to get around??
Ive never been to a track before

Back