Brandywine Falls

F

FFN

Located in the Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area NP, these falls are near a bed and breakfast inn and provide not only a nice view but also background sound for a night's sleep. The CVNR is described here:

http://www.nps.gov/cuva

2921884442_4dfee5d33e_o.jpg

Hello Sandra. I normally adore pictures taken such as yours, but in this case there seems to be something missing. I cannot really put my finger on it, but something just seems not quite right. In part is the total absence of other colour, and partly what I personally don't like is the leaf/branch right in the way in the narrow section of the fall.
I also can't help wandering what clearer water taken at slightly faster speed would have looked like.
This is only my opinion of course.

Paolo,

Thank you for your kind comments on the photo. Here are two more that provide color and full view of the falls.

2924657276_c2455c4b3e_o.jpg

2923804777_8351bda1d7_o.jpg

Jim (Sandra is my wife)

I like all three...but have to admit that fall is in the air, and just might color my decided preference for number 2. LOL ;o)

Hunter,

Thank you for your kind comments. My guess is that your area is near peak in fall colors. Any pics yet?

Jim

Back