Bread Making Close Up

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Ah I decided to get culinary yesterday :) and, partly inspired by a recent post by Lee (aka 68lbs), I took some shots of my attempts! Not brilliant photography but what the hell - I had fun :).

I made four loaves in all and one has already gone :)

1) Ingredient: Sun Dried Tomatoes

3014542055_ca80ec4c1d_o.jpg

2) Ingredient: Black Olives

3014542059_6e698370a4_o.jpg

3) Ingredient: Flour and Olive Oil

3014542057_a0cbc54eea_o.jpg

4) Ready to Rise

3014542061_44a74911fd_o.jpg

5) Ready to Eat (y)

3014542063_4ff6738d4c_o.jpg

Hey John you should try and sell these to Kingsmill you might get some dough for them ;) :p tasty looking bread ;)

Hey John you should try and sell these to Kingsmill you might get some dough for them ;) :p tasty looking bread ;)

Groan :puke:!

Now that's using your loaf, Alby (y)

Well we all have to earn a crust I suppose :LOL:

Excellent pics, John. I like the sun dried tomatoes best - they look so succulent. The finished product look good enough to eat, and puts my boring-made-in-the-breadmaker loaves to shame. :LOL:

What else would you do with a miserable Saturday in November - make delicious food and take photos. Seems perfectly normal to me. :)

Jean

Jean, Mark, John - many thanks :)

Looking forward to munching some more later :)

The sundried tomatoes and olives are my favourites. Lovely detail and colour. They look delicious and I love olives. But all good. Nice idea (y)

Very good shots and a yummy result (y) John. I really like the tomatoes and finished results best.

Good looking bread mate. And nice clean shots as usual. :)

Panasonic means we no longer knead to do any hard work when making bread. Having said that, experimented with a grain loaf last night and what a flop - literally! Think the yeast had one off. :(

Those olives remind me of someones 'wasp nest?' shots that we were treated to a few months back.

A cool idea there! Like it.

All great shots, apart from 2. Olives!:puke: You ruined what looked like great bread! :LOL:

John, Rob, Lee, Donna cheers all!

We ate the bread with a home made Lemon Chicken Stew and it was delicious :)

I also made two plain loaves in a similar style that taste great with some Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar :)

I can feel more of this culinary work coming on :)

Ruth, Barry, Barbara many thanks :)

Barry - I see what you mean about the first two - hmmm - a little less appetising now - damn :)

Do you have the recipe handy? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at these...

Look great!

Do you have the recipe handy? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at these...

Look great!

My pleasure Tim thanks for commenting - as I just said in Ruth's thread perhaps we should start a recipe plus images thread :)

Here is the recipe I used - although I think I should have flattened the bread some more! Still it tasted very nice! And I'll add some rosemary next time!

Recipe

You made me hungry john! I dont often venture into the macro forum, although I should look more, some pretty cool stuff in here :)

Ta Gary - now you've discovered the macro thread there's no hope for the rest of us Lol :):):)

My pleasure Tim thanks for commenting - as I just said in Ruth's thread perhaps we should start a recipe plus images thread :)

Here is the recipe I used - although I think I should have flattened the bread some more! Still it tasted very nice! And I'll add some rosemary next time!

Recipe

Seems simple enough for me, I'll devote some time to make a mess tommorrow!

The tomatoes are fantastic, and the olives almost gilded. Great thought, and great photos.

Back